xxxvi. triple dates and three tiered cakes

chapter thirty six ━ white weddingseason seven, episode twenty

chapter thirty six white wedding
season seven, episode twenty

well i don't have
another mother do i?

"You're going to kill me."

Aliya announced from the doorway of the kitchen, watching as Jackson looked up from where he was sat on the stool at the breakfast bar, his dark brows knotted together.

The Avery man set down the book he was reading peacefully onto the counter. "Then I should be reading the book on how to discard bodies, I left that one at the library though."

"Putting me in a body bag full of rocks and dumping me in the middle of the Pacific Ocean would be pretty easy." Aliya suggested to him, sauntering over to the stand in front of him, though she quickly began pacing around the kitchen.

Jackson nodded at the suggestion, realising that the woman he shared a bed with almost every night was into true crime. "I was thinking the middle of the woods burial route."

"Fool-proof plan," Aliya agreed, wiping her sweaty hands in her jeans. "If sniffer dogs weren't a thing."

"Darn it," Jackson said, softly. "Otherwise I would have gotten away with it completely."

Aliya let out a breathless and nervous laugh, reaching for a bottle of water from the fridge, downing half of it as if it were a bottle of tequila on a random Tuesday night, whilst Jackson tried, and failed, to deduce what was going on with her.

When it came to Aliya, he learnt it could be anything.

"Okay, so, why am I going to be responsible for your murder, sweetheart?" Reaching out for his girlfriend's arm to stop her from continuing to stomp around the kitchen, he pulled her onto his lap, where she immediately hooked her arms around his neck, burrowing her head into his shoulder.

Aliya sighed, before her confession. "I may have agreed to go on a triple date tonight with Summer and Mae three weeks ago, and completely forgot about it until now because, quite frankly, I needed them to get off my back otherwise—"

"I'll go." Jackson interrupted what seemed to be the start of a very long Aliya rant.

"Huh?" The brunette looked perplexed, bolting up right in the safety of his lap.

Jackson shrugged, reaching to tuck a loose brown curl behind. "It sounds like fun."

"A triple date?" She made emphasis on the triple, just so he knew what he was signing himself up for.