xvii. i'm doing good, i'm on some new shit

chapter seventeen ━ with you i'm born againseason seven, episode one

chapter seventeen with you i'm born again
season seven, episode one

❝ i don't know why my mother
doesn't like me, okay?

Aliya jogged to catch April up in the hall, her shiny new sneakers squeaking across the freshly cleaned floor.

"April!" She called after her, her voice appearing as a hiss as the red head began to fast walk away from Aliya with a large, beige envelope in her hand. "April, don't you dare!" She called out again, dodging all the other doctors and all the carts of medicine that insisted on being pushed right out in front of her when she really really needed to stop that woman.

"Chief! You're back!" The Levine woman heard April say in a high pitched and perky voice, handing Derek his white coat as she took his suit jacket away from him.

"Good morning." Derek responded whilst Aliya's jog increased to a frantic run.

April began to open the envelope containing the scans Aliya just received a moment ago. Though, April had informed her that she would show it to the chief, seeing as she was the one out of the two who was actually cleared for surgery, which she found completely ridiculous.

Both April's justification, and the fact she hadn't been cleared for surgery yet.

She was fine.

She just needed that shiny white slip, saying she could actually do her job. That's what she needed.

"I found a giant skull—"

"Skull base chordoma!" Aliya finally caught up, tugging the large envelope out of April's poaching hands to show Derek the scan herself with a grin plastered onto her face. "We found. We. Well, I found it, but I'm feeling nice." She clarified as April's lips twitched into a frown.

"Biggest one I've ever seen." April added as Aliya pulled out the scan, her hands tightened around the edges as she held it for Derek to see. "Kid came in to the ER with trouble breathing."

"Ok, good." Derek replied, casually, shrugging on the coat as they descended the hall, taking the scan from Aliya to look more closely.

"You got cleared for surgery?" Meredith snapped, gawking in a frustration that Aliya wholeheartedly understood.

"I did." April smiled in triumph.