xxxvii. always an angel

chapter thirty seven ━ i will surviveseason seven, episode twenty one

chapter thirty seven i will survive
season seven, episode twenty one

i mean, who decided
to give owen hunt
all the power, huh?

"But, what do I do Aliya?"

One thing you should note about the friendship between one Cristina Yang and Aliya Levine, was that they never called each other.

Aliya could not even think of a reason as to why they had each others numbers, seeing as the pair rarely spoke over the phone unless Meredith shoved the call into Aliya's face — like a mother trying to get her child to talk to her creepy uncle.

So, you could imagine Aliya's shock when she got a call from the Yang woman at six o'clock in the morning, which she answered to the woman instantly word vomitting about Chief Resident in a total blind panic.

"Since when are you calling me for advice?" Aliya spoke, grumpily and groggy into the mic, rubbing at her eyes in an attempt to wake herself up.

"Mer's indisposed." Cristina explained with a sigh, as if Aliya should have already known that fact.

"How flattering." The brunette mumbled, reaching over to turn on her bedside table lamp she got ten years ago at a thrift store, nearly knocking a half full mug of freezing cold coffee in the process.

"So." Cristina spoke, curtly, the sound of a running tap in the background of her call.

Aliya raised a brow. "So?"

"What should I do!" The Yang woman burst out, and Aliya could picture her pacing back and forth the old firehouse she called home.

"Right," Aliya cleared her throat, thinking of the best advice she could possibly give. "I think you should withhold sex."

Even Aliya didn't expect to suggest that.

"Withhold sex?"

"Like a reverse hooker." Aliya elaborated, seeing as Cristina was acting as if Aliya had told her to run along the streets of Seattle stark naked. "Just until he makes his decision about Chief Resident so he can remain objective, instead of giving it to the woman who gets into his pants on the weekends."

At that, Jackson shuffled over, twisting his head on the pillow with his eyebrows knotted together at what he was currently hearing, mouthing What!