xi. the invisible string theory

chapter eleven ━ perfect little accidentseason six, episode sixteen

chapter eleven perfect little accident
season six, episode sixteen

❝ do you want to sign me
up for organ donation
while you're at it?

"Did you hear about Avery?" Alex exclaimed in a rather frantic, loud voice directly into Aliya's ear lobe, causing her to jump out of her skin.

"Alex!"

Aliya's first instinct was to swat the man in his chest as a method self defence. Though, when she realised it was only Alex, she simply shook her head, clicking her pen as a stress outlet.

"No, what about Ja— Avery?" She asked, as calmly as humanly possible.

"He's Harper Avery's grandson!" Alex informed her in disbelief, clutching her arm and shaking it about, causing her to drop said pen onto the floor.

"As in," Aliya straightened up as Alex let go of her arm, clearing her throat dramatically. "The Harper Avery award for surgical innovation goes to—" She fanned out her hand, as if receiving an envelope from her side, her voice dropping an octave from dramatic effect.

"Duh." Alex scoffed, though he did find her performance amusing. "Who else would it be?"

"I don't know," The brunette shrugged, retrieving her pen from the floor. "I just really wanted to do the impression, and it was fairly obvious, Alex. His last name is Avery."

"Okay, Levine." Alex exaggerated her last name with a smirk, just to prove a point. "Anyway, Harper Avery is in the ER right this second being treated for abdominal pain and Jackson brought him in because they had breakfast together." Alex explained unusually enthusiastically, especially for him.

Aliya nodded her head, staying silent to try and avoid the topic of him.

"How did your surgery go with Dr. Bailey yesterday?" The Karev man questioned, seemingly changing the subject for her.

"Good, classic bowel obstruction." Aliya nodded, reaching for one of her charts she was busily getting through. "She even let me do the whole entire thing."

He leant against the counter, hidden behind her pile of charts. "That's because you're her favourite now O'Malley is dead."

"That's a bit morbid." Aliya commented looking over at him from over the top of the pile as he pulled out his buzzing pager from his pocket.

"Oh, for gods sake—" He complained, his voice a low grunt.

Aliya peered over to his pager with a smirk. "Who did you piss off now?"