v. it's a gut thing

chapter five ━ invest in loveseason six, episode eight

chapter five invest in love
season six, episode eight

❝ you look so cute,
i'm gonna frame it. ❞

"Do you ever just wake up and think it's going to be a bad day?" Aliya inquired thoughtfully, her chin awkwardly resting on a takeaway coffee cup as she stared vacantly into the space in front of her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cristina Yang was spinning around on the front desk chair, her head tilted back as she ran her hands through her curly black hair. "Did your tarot cards tell you that?"

"I don't own tarot cards," Aliya narrowed her eyes as she spoke matter-of-factly. Though thinking about it, maybe she should buy some, it might be productive to get a warning in advance if the day was going to be a total disaster, instead of just a simple gut feeling. "But if I did I would draw The Devil. I have a bad feeling."

"You know," Cristina spoke through a mouthful of croissant. "Meredith had a gut feeling and that whole situation ended with her hand inside a body cavity with a bomb in it so, maybe you should just go home."

"Oh, shit!" Aliya dropped her head further into her hands, letting out a disgruntled sigh, simultaneously earning many strange looks from many different people. "I'm going to die!"

"You are not going to die." Lexie attempted to convince, patting the brunette's shoulder.

"What's going on?" Alex stopped at the counter beside Aliya, watching his best friend cautiously with narrowed eyes.

"Aliya thinks she's going to die." Cristina clarified as she sipped on her own coffee, picking the pastry crumbs off of her scrubs and flicking them onto the floor.

It was strange to think it was just the four of them left now, with Izzie and George gone, somehow things didn't seem right, like there was a gaping hole where two people should actually be.

She guessed she was just used to it being the six of them, like it had been for two whole entire years.

They were the six interns, annoying Dr. Bailey, hiding in tunnels, working forty eight hour shifts, running on caffeine, drinking ungodly amounts of tequila. It was just the way the world worked.

Or how interns in Seattle worked.

With a deep sigh, Alex turned to the two women who weren't going through a very public existential crisis. "Did you let her watch daytime television again? You know it bums her out!"