Chapter 24 the quidditch world cup

Y/n's pov

Once everyone finished breakfast and we headed outside.

"Well, have a lovely time," calls Mrs. Weasley after us. "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday," Mrs. Weasley says to Mr. Weasley.

It was chilly and the moon was still out. Only a dull greenish tinge along the horizon to their right showed that daybreak was drawing closer.

"So how does everyone get there without all the Muggles noticing?" harry asks

"It's been a massive organizational problem," sighs Mr. Weasley.

"Where are we going?" Harry asks from behind me.

" I don't know," Ron says", dad were are we going."

"I have no idea." He answers

So we are just walking around in the woods? Good to know.

"Aruther!" A short man calls.

"Amos!" Mr Weasley calls back.

They shake hands as a young man drops from the tree behind Amos. It was Cedric.

"Ah and this strapping young man must be Cedric." Mr Weasley says.

Hermione and ginny giggle as Cedric looks over at us. Cedric's eyes meet mine.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Cedric's father asks.

"Not too bad," says Mr. Weasley. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still...not complaining...Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons - and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy...." Mr diggory says. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr. Weasley as he points out his children. "This is Hermione and This is y/n. friends of Ron's - and Harry, another friend -"

"Merlin's beard," says Mr Diggory. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er - yeah," said Harry.

"Ced's talked about you, of course," says Mr Diggory. "Told us all about playing against you last year...I said to him, I said - Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will....You beat Harry Potter!"

Fred and George are both scowling again. Cedric looks slightly embarrassed.

"Harry fell off his broom, Dad," he mutters. I told you...it was an accident...."

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" roars Amos genially. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman...but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

"Must be nearly time," says Mr. Weasley quickly. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," says Mr. Diggory. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," says Mr. Weasley. "Yes, it's a minute off...We'd better get ready...."

"Let's not wait let's go." Fred says.

Him and George grab my arms and lift me up on their shoulders and start walking. We made jokes and laughed as we made it to the port key.

I hop off their shoulders with their help. Everyone gathers around a musty old boot.
We all reach and touch it except Harry.