Chapter 67

Y/ns pov

He smirked as Malfoy sniggered and said in a carrying whisper, 'Some people got a "D"? Ha!'
I look over to Harry to see he is covering his paper. Well there goes date night. Today Snape is having us create Strengthening Solution,that's one of the few potions I can not make right for the life of me. Instead of the normal clear turquoise shade it's supposed to be it came out a dark blue, but blue is blue.

I turn it into shapes desk and can already tell I'm failing this potion maybe if I offer to clean Snape's office he will give me a better grade. I join Hermione, Harry and Ron at the door.

"Well, that wasn't as bad as last week, was it?' said Hermione, as they climbed the steps out of the dungeon and made their way across the Entrance Hall towards lunch. 'And the homework didn't go too badly, either, did it?"

"Speak for yourself." I said rubbing my eyes.

"I mean, all right, I didn't expect the top grade, not if he's marking to OWL standard, but a pass is quite encouraging at this stage, wouldn't you say?" Hermione said "Of course, a lot can happen between now and the exam, we've got plenty of time to improve, but the grades we're getting now are a sort of baseline, aren't they? Something we can build on . . . "

  We all sat down together at the Gryffindor table.

  "Obviously, I'd have been thrilled if I'd got an "O"--"

  "Hermione," said Ron sharply, "if you want to know what grades we got, ask."

  "I don't--I didn't mean--well, if you want to tell me-"

  "I got a "P",' said Ron, ladling soup into his bowl. "Happy?"

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred, who had just arrived at the table with George and Lee Jordan and was sitting down on Harry's right. "Nothing wrong with a good healthy "P"."

  "But," said Hermione, "doesn't "P" stand for . . . "

  '"Poor", yeah," said Lee Jordan. "Still, better than "D", isn't it? "Dreadful"?"

  Harry had a small coughing fit over his roll.

"So top grade's "O" for "Outstanding","she was saying, "and then there's "A"--"

  "No, "E",' George corrected her, '"E" for "Exceeds Expectations". And I've always thought Fred and I should've got "E" in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."

  We all laugh except Hermione, who ploughed on, "So, after "E" it's "A" for "Acceptable", and that's the last pass grade, isn't it?"

  " Yep,"said Fred, dunking an entire roll in his soup, transferring it to his mouth and swallowing it whole.

  "Then you get "P" for "Poor"--'" Ron raised both his arms in mock celebration--"and "D" for "Dreadful".

  "And then "T",' George reminded her.

  '"T"?' asked Hermione, looking appalled. 'Even lower than a "D"? What on earth does "T" stand for?'

  '"Troll",' said George promptly.

After that I sort of just zoned out. Trelawney, was my next class. Once we got there I sat down next to Hermione. I groan as I see Professor Umbridge emerging through the trapdoor in the floor. The class, which had been talking cheerily, fell silent at once. The abrupt fall in the noise level made Professor Trelawney, who had been wafting about handing out copies of The Dream Oracle, look round.

A/n
Hey guyssss
I love you all and I know I say this but I'll try to update more
au revoir ♥️