Chapter 28 Four champions?

Harrys pov

The next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfasted late. Y/n, Ron, Hermione, and I however, were not alone in rising much earlier than we usually do on weekends. When we went down into the entrance hall, we saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the center of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat. A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around it in every direction.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Ron asks a third-year girl eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replies. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," I say. "I would've if it had been me...wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Right then fed and George come running in.

"Just finished."

"It's not going to work." Hermione says in a sing song voice.

"Yea and why "

"Is that, Granger?"

"You see this?"

She gestures to the glowing circle on the floor.

"This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

" So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim witted as an ageing potion."

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant!"

" Because it's so pathetically dim witted."

Hermione scoffs and goes back to her book.

"Ready George."

"Ready Fred"

"Bottoms up"

They drink the aging potion and hop over the age line. The put a piece of paper with their names on it in the fire.

The fire turned red and throws then back. Two identical long white beards appear on their faces.

The entrance hall rang with laughter.

"You said"

"You said."

Fred and George tackle each other. The entire hall chants fight fight fight. All of a sudden the hall is quiet I look up to see Victor walking to cup. He walks past the age line and puts his name in the cup.

Before he leaves he looks at Hermione. Then he walks back out of the hall.

"He totally likes you hermy."y/n wispers

"Oh shut up" Hermione replies.

"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall. He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Fred and George set off for the hospital wing, accompanied by Lee, who was howling with laughter.

I led the way over to Dean and Seamus, who were discussing those Hogwarts students of seventeen or over who might be entering.

"There's a rumor going around that Warrington got up early and put his name in," Dean told Harry. "That big bloke from Slytherin who looks like a sloth."