Chapter 41 blackmail

Y/n's pov

Harry left us at half past 8 to go to the Quidditch field to get his clue to what the third task would be. Ron, Hermione, and I are sitting in the common room. Ron and I are playing wizards chest while Hermione is reading.

"HA I win!" I exclam jumping up.

"Only because I went easy on you." Ron grumbles.

"Oh is Ronnie a sour loser." I say pinching Ron cheek.

"Am not." He say pulling away from me.

"Sure." I say.

The portrait opens and harry walks in. He comes over to us and sits down.

" I got to go meet Fred and George." I say jumping up.

I walk over to the owlry waiting for them. They finally arive.

"So what's the new plan." I say.

They explain what they have got on batman and how they are going to use it. Well more like Fred wanted to use it.

"that's blackmail, that is, we could get into a lot of trouble for that." George argues

"- we've tried being polite; it's time to play dirty, like him. He wouldn't like the Ministry of Magic knowing what he did -" Fred says

"I'm telling you, if you put that in writing, it's blackmail!" I say

"Yeah, and you won't be complaining if we get a nice fat payoff, will you?"Fred says

The Owlery door banged open. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were standing there.

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred says at the same time.

"Sending a letter," says Harry and George in unison.

"What, at this time?" says Hermione and I.

Fred grinned.

"Fine - we won't ask you what you're doing, if you don't ask us," he says.

Fred is holding our sealed envelope in his hands.

"Well, don't let us hold you up," Fred says.

Ron didn't move. "Who're you blackmailing?" he says.

The grin vanished from Fred's face. George half glance at Fred, before smiling at Ron.

"Don't be stupid, we were only joking," I say easily.

"Didn't sound like that," says Ron.

The three of us look at each other. Then Fred says abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but -"

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone," says Ron. "George's right, you could end up in serious trouble for that."

"Told you, we were joking," I say. I walk over to Fred, pull the letter out of his hands, and began attaching it to the leg of Quill.

"You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a prefect." George says.

"No, I won't!" says Ron hotly.

I carried Quill over to the window and she takes off. George turns around and grinned at Ron.

"Well, stop telling people what to do then. See you later." George says

George, Fred and I leave.

"Why does Ron have to be so nosy." I say.

"Because he's." George says

"Ron." Fred finishes.

-_-_-_-_-

The Hogwarts grounds never looked more inviting than when we have to stay indoors. For the next few days we all spent all of our free time either in the library with looking up hexes or else in empty classrooms, which we sneaked into to practice.

Harry was concentrating on a Stunning Spell. The trouble was that practicing it involved certain sacrifices from me, Ron, and Hermione.

"Can't we kidnap Mrs. Norris?" Ron suggests on Monday lunchtime as he lay flat on his back in the middle of their Charms classroom, having just been Stunned and reawoken by Harry for the fifth time in a row. "Let's Stun her for a bit. Or you could use Dobby, Harry, I bet he'd do anything to help you. I'm not complaining or anything" - he got gingerly to his feet, rubbing his backside - "but I'm aching all over...."

"Well, you keep missing the cushions, don't you!" says Hermione impatiently, rearranging the pile of cushions they had used for the Banishing Spell, which Flitwick had left in a cabinet. "Just try and fall backward!"

"Once you're Stunned, you can't aim too well, Hermione! "says Ron angrily. "Why don't you take a turn?"

"You guys fight way to much." I say.

"Well, I think Harry's got it now, anyway," says Hermione hastily. "And we don't have to worry about Disarming, because he's been able to do that for ages....I think we ought to start on some of these hexes this evening."

She looks down the list they had made in the library.

"I like the look of this one," she says, "this Impediment Curse. Should slow down anything that's trying to attack you. Harry. We'll start with that one."

A/n
This one sucks but I needed a filler chapter. Next chapter is the third task. This year is almost over and I'm so happy
I have so many things planed for 5th year

Au revoir ❤️