Chapter 36 y/n's date to the yule ball

Third person pov

"Why do they have to travel in packs.How are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?"Harry complains to Ron.

"Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. lf you can't get a date, who can?" Ron says.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Springing a test on us on the last day. Ruining the last bit of term with a whole load of studying." Ron complains.

"Mmm...you're not exactly straining yourself, though, are you?" says Hermione, looking at him over the top of her Potions notes.

Ron was busy building a card castle out of his Exploding Snap pack a much more interesting pastime than with Muggle cards, because of the chance that the whole thing would blow up at any second.

"It's Christmas, Hermione," says Harry lazily he was rereading Flying with the Cannons for the tenth time in an armchair near the fire,y/n sitting on the arm reading with him.

Hermione looks severely over at him too. "I'd have thought you'd be doing something constructive, Harry, even if you don't want to learn your antidotes!"

"Like what?" Harry says

"That egg!" Hermione hiss.

"Come on, Hermione, he has got till February the twenty-fourth," y/n says.

"But it might take weeks to work it out!" says Hermione. "You're going to look a real idiot if everyone else knows what the next task is and you don't!"

"Leave him alone, Hermione, he's earned a bit of a break," says ron, and he placed the last two cards on top of the castle.

"Nice look, Ron...go well with your dress robes, that will."

It was Fred and George. They sat down at the table with Harry, Ron,Hermione, and y/n.

"Ron, can we borrow Pigwidgeon?" George asks.

"No, he's off delivering a letter," said Ron. "Why?"

"Because George wants to invite him to the ball," says Fred sarcastically.

"Because we want to send a letter, you stupid great prat," says George.

"Use quill guys she's faster." Y/n says.

"Who d'you three keep writing to, eh?" says Ron.

"Nose out, Ron, or I'll burn that for you too," says Fred, waving his wand threateningly. "So...you lot got dates for the ball yet?"

"Nope," says Ron

"Well, you'd better hurry up, mate, or all the good ones will be gone," says Fred.

"Who're you going with, then?" says Ron.

"Angelina," says Fred promptly, without a trace of embarrassment.

"What?" says Ron, taken aback. "You've already asked her?"

"Good point," says Fred. He turned his head and called across the common room, "Oi! Angelina!"

Angelina, who had been chatting with Alicia Spinnet near the fire, looks over at him.

"What?" she calls back.

"Want to come to the ball with me?"

Angelina gives Fred an appraising sort of look.

"All right, then," she says, and she turned back to Alicia and carried on chatting with a bit of a grin on her face.

"There you go," says Fred to Harry and Ron, "piece of cake."