Chapter 17

Flora's Room^

Ava's POV

I wake up, and I see that I am facing the window wall. I sit up, and look out. I see the cabs, taking people to work. The assistants rushing to Starbucks, getting coffee for their bosses. The college students walking to class. It's peaceful.

I take my time getting up today. I pick out a white Mayday Parade band t- shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, white converses, a red flower crown, and my undergarmets.

I turn on my shower, and take a nice hot shower. I use my honey nut body scrub, with my coconut shampoo and conditioner. I get out and pat dry. I put on my undergarmets, pants, and socks. I leave my shirt of because it will just get wet.

I begin to blow dry my hair. Once it is done drying I see that it formed into their curls.

I put my shirt on, and cuff the sleeves before I put my flower crown on. Once my hair is complete I put on red lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner.

I put on my shoes, and walk outside. I see that Flora isn't up yet. Wouldn't blame her, today is the anniversary of her boyfriend's death.

That's a story for another time.

I decide to begin her day right. I make her her favorite dish, strawberry crepes with whipped cream, and some orange juice.

It doesn't take long to prepare, and once I am done I place it on a plater.

I walk in her room to see she is on her laptop, with her glasses on.

"Hey, good morning." I say with fake cheerfulness. She just gives me a look, and goes back on her laptop.

"I made you break fast." I state as I set it on her night stand. I look over and see pictures of Joshua.

"That's my favorite picture of you guys." I say as i sit next to her.

"Me too." She whispers.

Joshua had hazel eyes and dirty blond hair. He was shy, but once you got to know him, he was surprisingly cool.

In the picture, Joshua is kissing Flora's cheek, and has his arms wrapped around her stomach. Flora is eating an ice cream cone, and winking at the camera.

"I miss him so much." She whispers, and her voice cracks just before she starts sobbing.

I push her laptop aside, and pull her into a hug. My heart goes out for her, she is like a sister to me, and Josh made her so happy.

I just hold her in my arms, as she crys.

It takes a few minutes before she stops. She sits up, takes off her glasses, and wipes her tears off.

"My poor baby." I say as I pinch her cheeks. I see her smile, and I smile back in return.

"Come on, time to eat." I order as i grab her plate.

"Did you eat?" She asks.

"No I will probably stop by Starbucks." I wave her off.

"No you won't share with me." She offers.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes of course." She says as she splits the crepe in half.

I eat my half while she eats hers. I look around in her room, and see her decorations.

"Thank you Ava." She says after she finishes eating her food.

"Yeah it wasn't that hard to make-" I am cut short.