Chapter 18

Jake's POV

Today was one of those off days. My body was never able to find a comfortable position.

I turn off the hot water, and step out of the shower. I dry myself, and put on some comfortable clothes.

I look at my now clean room. After getting all my anger out, and sleeping it off, I got people to repair my house.

Pretty much everything was replaced. I gave Dai the day off, I didn't want her to see me like this. Hell, I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

I sit down to try and relax. However, I move a few minutes later. My body having the constant need to move, to do something.

What is wrong with me

My silent question is answered with a phone call I get from my new phone. I don't see who it is before I answer.

"He-" I am interuppted by a strong voice.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" It doesn't take a genius to realize it is Shaun.

"I am guessing Alex or Zach told you." I state as a walk around my room.

"Hell yeah he did." He says.

"You know when I do something stupid, and tell my bestfriends, I didn't think they would tell you." I state

Once I received my new phone, I called Alex and Zach, and told them everything.

"The nerd is a stripper!?" Alex asks

"Yeah", I said. I rubbed the back of my neck. "She's Tracy".

Zach said, "Oh wow. Dude that's crazy! Although, I kinda feel bad for wanting to bang her now," he snickered.

"Shut up, before I smash your head in," I deadpan. Then, I start to laugh, "I can't really blame you guys though".

They laughed on the other line, "Well, we gotta go, so we'll talk to you later Jake. Seeya!"

The call ended.

I go back to the call with Shaun. "Well Jake, I do have a way with words and even then, I would've found out eventually," he smarts.

I can imagine him tossing his head proudly, a smug look in his eye on the other line.

Before I can get a word out, he starts up again,

"Anyway, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! HOW DARE YOU HURT AVA LIKE THAT, AFTER ALL THAT SHE HAS DONE FOR YOU! She was scared out of her mind when you were gone, and then she goes up and talks to you and then-,"

I hear him choke up, "And now she's in a coma. Cause of a car accident when she left YOUR HOUSE!" He sobs.

I stand there in my room, in shock.

"She...she wha-" I stutter out.

"Im going to the hospital. I better see you there". He hangs up.

I stand, completely numb. Then, i grab my keys, and run.

***
Flora's POV

I wait in the empty hallway right across where she is now. Ava's asleep. The surgery was a success, but whether she wakes up, well, that is all up to her.

I won't see her. Not while she's like this.

I have a valid reason. With Josh, everyone thought he is going to wake up. I went to see him. I spent the night with him, he died in my arms. I cried over his body.

The image of him, with all those wires is the last thing I saw of him. That is not going to happen with her.

I hear frantic foot steps. I look up and see Becca and Shaun. They hurry down the hall, and see their faces are filled with panic and worry. I take one look at Becca, before a sob is released from her body.

I step forward, and wrap my arms around her shoulders. It takes every ounce of my body to not cry with her.

It takes a few minutes before she calms down. I look at her, as she wipes her tears.

"The surgery was a success, she is just asleep right now." I say.

"That is good, right?" She asks.

"Yeah, waking up is all up to her now." I answer.

"Then she is sure to wake up." She says with a hopeful tone.

I look over at Shaun, and send him a look to tell her.

"Well not necessarily, sweetheart." He states.

"What? Why not?" She asks frantically.

"Well think about it, she is bullied at school, her parents aren't here, it is a perfect opportunity to take away the pain." He answers

"But, she has to stay for us, for dancing." She says, trying hard to deny the possibility.

"Well, can you blame her, if she leaves. It would selfish of us to ask her to stay." I say trying to lower her hope standards.

She doesn't respond, and just sits down.

Shaun waits a minute before he talks. "I called Jake."

"What?!" I ask incredulously.

He looks bewildered by my expression. "I called Jake." He states again.

"Why?!" I ask while standing up.

"Because he deserves to know." He states while standing up with me, slightly raising his voice.

"No he doesn't, he hurt her. He should not be anywhere near her." I state with anger.

"Yes, he should," He says, "He loves her, and Ava loves him."

"What?" I mutter with a shocked tone. "That hopeless jock doesn't lo-"

"It's true." A new voice says.

I whip around to see Jake standing there out of breath.

"I have been in love with her for a long time." He says winded.

"You love her? I find that very hard to believe." I scoff.

"I don't care what you believe." Jake says, holding himself up straight. "I wouldn't rush all the way down here, worried sick for someone I didn't love. What I know is that I am in love with her, and there is no way in hell am I ever going to let her go now, or ever." He finishes with conviction.

Suddenly, a nurse walks out of Ava's room. Everyones head whips towards the new arrival. She stares pointedly at me and Jake, her eyes scolding us as if we were children.

Well, one of us is. I glare at Jake. The nurse starts, "Excuse me, patient Ava Gomez is awake". Oh thank God! I sigh in relief and tears threaten to spill over my eyelids.

I hear a squeal from behind me and see Becca smiling, her eyes triumphant as she repeats, "I knew she'd wake up. I told you!"

Shaun holds her, and his eyes are gleaming and he has a huge grin plastered on his face.

Jake does nothing, but sigh in relief and grin.

I thank the nurse and step foward to go into her room and see my Ava, when she stops me. I glare at her, "Just what is the problem?" I snap.

She looks over my shoulder. My eyes widen in realization as she says, "She is requesting to see Jake Russo."

***
Hey guys
This is a short chapter, but full of detail, and on time.

I wanted to show you how protective Flora is towards Ava.
And how much Jake loves Ava.
Anyways, I hope I got my point across.

Until next week,
Just have a day
- Mel ♡