Chapter 7

Ava's POV

If you have read many books in your life time you could probably guess what happens next after someone finds out one of your biggest secrets in your entire life. One common thing someone would do is play it off and seem as if they were crazy, two they try and beg them not to tell anyone.

Well by now you should know that I am no average girl, I am a stripper for gods sake!

So this is what i do in a time like this.

***

"Ava, are you and Flora strippers? " Jake asks with wide eyes.

In the corner of my eye i see Flora ready to make up some crazy excuse that there is no way we would be strippers.

Before she has the chance to embarrass herself, I do the only logical thing.

I punch Jake in the temple hard enough to knock him out .

"What the hell!?" Flora asks just as he falls to the floor. She rushes to his aid to help him

Yeah like that will help

I shake my hand to get rid off the mild pain.

You are probably thinking she probably took a class or something.

You are semi right, after a year of knowing Charles i finally told him mine and Flora's job, he was surprisingly cool with it, just didn't want us to sell sex for money.

One night however this guy got too drunk and too handsy, and i couldn't really defend my self but i managed. I was on my way home when i felt like someone was following me, before i could open the door to the lobby i felt arms go around my waist.

"Why not just do the thing you did to Jake?"

Yeah I only learned that after the incident.

He tried to get me into a van and kidnap me, he put his hand on my mouth and i bit on it hard.

Once it was off i yelled at the top of my lungs and the guy punched my to knock my out, it only made me dizzy, but i could still see what was happening but it was fuzzy.

I could still see Charles coming out and knocking the guy out. At the time this was going through my head.

Holy crap this old man can fight

If it wasn't for Charles I might not be alive right now, that is why we are close.

After that Charles taught me to fight it was extremely weird at first because you know he is old. But we got progress then he started to teach Flora as well.

Besides the point

Flora tries to lift Jake but fails miserably.

"You know a hand would be great right about know." Flora snaps sarcastically.

I clap my hands enthusiastically and give her a big smile.

"Oh it was so funny i forgot to laugh." Flora says while standing up.

"Please help me." Flora pouts while putting her hands on her waist.

"What is in it for me?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"A roomate, a co worker, and a best friend." Flora threatens.

"Oh please you wouldn't leave even if i asked you to." I say with an eye roll

"You're right." Flora slumps her shoulders.

"I will owe you another solid?" Flora says with hopeful eyes.