Chapter 4

Don't you just ever want to take a sledgehammer and beat your alarm clock with it until all that is left is the wires.

If not then you must be a morning person. Any other human, or Internet Person, has had that desire. It is pretty normal if I do say so myself. It just sits there and annoys the crăp out of you. And it keeps doing that to you until you get out of your favorite place on the earth.

Why would someone ever be so cruel to a person?

I roll out of bed, literally. There was a tiny flaw to my plan. I ended up getting tangled with my sheets and falling and landing on my back.

How in the world did I end up in this position?

With much difficultly I untangle myself and get out of bed. Since it is friday, i decide to be nice to myself and give myself a little treat.

Every once and a while I will wear something that actual fits to my body. But I will also wear something to pull the attention away from it.

So for today I wear nice shorts, but with a beat up baggy grey Nirvana sweatshirt, with some grey converses.

I walk into my bathroom and do my morning routine. Then I go outside to the kitchen, to get some breakfast.

Flora is already in the kitchen by the time I arrive, "Hey, your actually on time today, that's a shocker."

I get my bowl and mug for some cereal and coffee, "Oh shut it."

"Damn grouchy today aren't you?" Flora says while turning around to look at me.

"Yeah, yeah, so what's on the agenda for today?" I ask.

"Well, you get to go to school, and while you are learning about STDs, I have to get a withdrawal to pay the rent that is due tomorrow. Then after that I have to go to the dinner and then I should be home by at least 6, since it is friday we have a double shift, so we need to leave here at 9 and we work until 2:30." Flora informs me.

"So a regular friday?" I ask her.

"Yup pretty much, Oh! Before I forget. You are turning 18 soon, what do you want for your birthday?" She asks me.

"I would say a record player, but before I can even think about all that I have to go to court to pick up the things my parents left me. With the money I want to first pay off the bills and the rent before I can even think about getting something for myself or for you."

"Are you going to be ok? Going to the court house by yourself?" Flora questions.

"Yeah I am sure I will be ok. And if I need to I will ask you." I let her know.

 I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth and put on my braces. Once finished I walk back outside to leave for school.

"Well, I am off to the place where every one is stupid " I say while grabbing my bag.

"Be careful, you don't want to catch their stupidity." Flora warns me.

"Oh, you don't need to worry. I have something that will make sure I don't ever catch it, a brain."

I walk outside, and close the front door. Since it is a nice day I decide to walk instead of take a cab.

***

I walk on to school grounds, and pass the popular kids.

"Hey Nerd!" I turn around to see Austin, he is a football player, "There is this Math work sheet that I didn't finish. I need you to finish it for me."

I don't have time to respond because he shoves the paper in my hands and walks away.

"Ava! Get your skinny ass over here." I get ordered by my best friend Bea. Bea is nice to everyone she is has the coppery red hair color that just passes her shoulders. She is average height and average weight, if it wasn't for her personality she could blend in with the crowd.