11

[EDITED]

-----

"Woh! That was scary! I can't believe you literally wanted to watch that!"

Eichi didn't smile after what Jino said. She didn't even paid attention to the movie after all so she didn't know how to react. Actually, since the start or their date today, she's not in the mood to smile. Not even a little. Nothing at all. I just wanted this day to end.

She's aware that she being too rude or a bit of an attitude for the boy. Despite of watching a scary movie at the cinema, eating delicious foods at any stall they passed by, trying out cute things from different stores or taking picture... None of them made her happy nor smile a little. Now after remembering all that and how she showed emotions of nothing, she felt guilty.

Jino is a good guy. That's all she can say for now. He's tall and handsome. She already can tell that he's kind, generous and caring when they're just together for a few hours. He's a too good to be true type of boyfriend that everyone wants and she's feeling bad that she can't appreciate him for some specific reasons.

"Yeah. That's scary." that's all Eichi can say. As much as possible, she wanted to go home already. She's not enjoying anything right now.

Jino stopped walking and hold her arm. "Are you alright? It seems like you're not feeling well today. Does the movie scared you?" he looked so worried that even make her more guilty.

Get a hold of yourself, Eichi!

"I'm fine." she responded and finally showed him a smile, though it's a small one. "We should continue and follow the itinerary. Where should we go next?" she asked and slowly pushed away Jino's hand from her arm.

-

"Apparently, when you left the school, they have this game to finish before the lightning of the lanterns and the prize is having a Sunday date with Yamada-san."

"And according from my source, you were even called on the stage many times just to be the representative of your year. But unfortunately, you're not around and didn't show up so the original representatives from your year remained."

"The third years won the game, though. And the one who got the chance to have a date on her is named as Jino, I heard he's from the baseball club. "

Mitsuya explained to Baji everything after he went back to him. Baji told him everything about Eichi being mad and about the cancelled small date because of it. He even asked him to gather information and that's all the information Mitsuya got from one of his apprentice who stayed till the end of the festival.

Now I get it. I know why she's blaming me from the said date.

Baji clenched his fist. Regretting the thing he did even though he didn't expect something like that would happen. We we're fine since morning so I thought it would be also fine to leave and prepare for the date without saying anything. I promised her that I'll be coming back, though...

After his talk with Mitsuya that night, he left. Feeling bad for himself. Regrets, sadness and jealousy overflows his emotions until he arrived at their home.

He did not get enough sleep. He's thinking about Eichi, how would he ask for an apology, who is this Jino guy  and how would the date would turn out. There are many questions inside his head and he badly want to answer them. But how?

Is there a way that I could stop their date? But what if Eichi actually enjoys it and here I am planning how to destroy it, she will be mad even more at me.

-

The date day came and Baji still can't stop thinking about Eichi. This is the first time he felt like this.