20

[EDITED]

-----

"So... Are you gonna do it or nah?"

Baji brushed both of his sweating palms together to ease his nervousness. He felt a little bit bad because it seems like Chifuyu's patience is getting shorter and shorter.

"I don't know man... Maybe I should not—"

"Oi, Baji-san. We've been standing here for almost an hour, you're just gonna congratulate her for winning the election, right?" yep. He's getting pissed of.

Baji sighed and closed his eyes for a second to hype himself up. Just walk straight to her then its done!

He finally decided to take his chance. Heart's beating fast, hands sweating cold.

"Senpai!" He stood up beside the locker with a big smile on his face. Is my hair cleanly fixed? How about my glasses? It doesn't look weird right? Do I stink though? There's that last minute insecurities.

This is the first time he got the courage to talk to her after a year of being classmates and almost a decade of knowing her but unfortunately she does not. She also seem like didn't know that they're classmates in their previous year since he's not a good student that attends their class everyday, which made him repeat a year and met Chifuyu.

"Oh... Hi." she seem flustered by his presence.

"Uhm... I just wanted to congratulate you for winning the election." he said, wiping the sweat he had on his forehead using his handkerchief.

"Oh that... Yeah. Thanks, I guess." she's not making any eye contact with him, but it's okay. He's not forcing her to.

Eichi closed her shoe locker and turned her head to him." Uhm... I'm going now. "she said and pursed her lips before walking away.

Baji released his breath like he was been chained up because of the tension he's battling between nervousness and anxiousness. He felt a hand tapped his right shoulder.

"That's a nice try,Baji-san."Chifuyu said.

"Nah, dude. I'm not satisfied." He said back and untie his hair, unbuttoned his coat cause it's starting to get hot and remove his glasses. "I'll try again tomorrow."

"What do you mean?"

"Just watch."

The very next day, he went to Eichi's house. Just standing in front of it, wearing his uniform. It may look like he's waiting for her but yeah, he actually is hoped that he can go to school together with her.

He didn't notice that someone opened the door and surprisingly it's her. Wearing her glasses, hair's down and complete uniform. He's really surprised that he didn't know what to do instead of raising his hand to say hi but then fortune's not on his side, she didn't notice him walked passed by him.

Oh, I guess she didn't remember me at all. 

-

[It's her first day of duty. She's assigned to the gate.]

His sleepy eyes widened after reading the text message from Chifuyu, early in the morning.

He immediately got out of his bed and rushed outside to take his bath. Baji didn't have a plan to attend school today but knowing Eichi's first day of duty as part of the council and she's assigned to the front gate? Damn, this must be captured.

After taking a bath he changed into his uniform. He's the type of student that does not bring anything before but since he swore to his mom that he'll gonna do better this year, he started to bring one now. Though he's not quite sure to himself if bringing a bag could help him do better.