23

[EDITED]

-----

Antiseptic.

The smell wakes her up. Slowly opening her eyes, the brightness of the light welcomes her sight. She roam her eyes around, trying to figure out where she is.

Eichi found herself lying in a hospital bed, two police officers are standing at the end of the bed like they're guarding her.

She slowly sat up straight and tried to warm up herself by brushing both of her hands together. One of the officers notices her and asked her how is she feeling.

"I'm alright... I guess..." she answered. Eichi tried to remember why is she at the hospital. Luckily, the officers told her what happened and there she remembered everything and worry arises from her.

"We would like you to give us some statements about what you know on the said fight."

"I'm sorry but I don't know anything about it. I just came there to save someone." she's talking fast, trying to escape to find Baji but she didn't want to be disrespectful towards them. "If you excuse me, I need to find him right now." Eichi tried to walk pass by them but the officers didn't let her, saying that she need to give statement first before they let her go.

"Like I said, I don't know anything! So if you please? Let me go." but they insisted and didn't let her causing her to raise her tone because of how stubborn they are that irritates her.

Slowly, nurses came to them trying to ease three situation and calming her.

" Isn't that enough statement?!"

"Miss, please lower down you voice. We just need to know some information since we have witnesses saying you're related to one of the members that is highly involve in the situation."

I just said I didn't know anything! Her patience is slowly wearing out.

"Excuse me, sirs." one guy interfered.  Her eyes widened.

"Saito!" she said and walked towards him. Her brother is covered with bruises but they are already treated. He's wearing his white jacket that is full of dust. It is clear that he's involve on the fight.

"Eichi, go to room 404. Hurry up." he coldly stated and she nodded. Saito looked at the officers, "I'll give a statement instead. She has nothing to do with it." that's the last thing Eichi heard before leaving the emergency room.

She rode the elevator. Her heart's beating fast taht she can hear how hard it pounds and she can't stop fidgeting her fingers. A lot of what if's is running through her mind. Worried to what happened with Baji. Please be safe... Please.

Seconds after, the elevator door opened and the first person she saw is Chifuyu who has a bandage on his left eye.

"Chifuyu!" she ran quickly towards him holding both of his arms. "Where's Baji? Is he alright? What happened to him? He's safe right?" Eichi continuously asked.

Chifuyu didn't know what and how to answer first. He didn't want to hurt her feelings so instead of talking, he grabbed her hand and pulled her for a hug. Because of what he did, Eichi is in the brink of crying. Slowly grasping that the situation is not alright and is too far from her expectations.

They stopped in front of a room with a glass in between. Eichi was too shocked that she can feel her knees weakened. She covered her mouth and hold onto Chifuyu's jacket.

Baji is inside. A lot of wires is attached to him that is connected to the machine is he's completely unconscious. He looked so beat up.

Chifuyu sighed.