THE ARREST

ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA          

 As the sirens rang indicating the arrival of the police, she looked around one more time thinking about what was about to happen. 'This is it', she thought. she knew what was going to happen in the next few days. The police were going to arrest her aunt and she was going back to the place she left nearly 14 years ago.

"What are you thinking about" asked a voice from her right. She looked at her brother who was standing at the doorway to the kitchen. He was in his pajamas and his bag was lying near his feet.

 "Just  wondering if this was the right thing to do." she replied. His baby blue eyes narrowed at her answer. Just as he  opened his mouth to speak the doorbell rung cutting him off. She walked up to the door and  opened it. Two police officers stared down at her. 

                                                           "Are you Hope Green?" the male officer questioned. He was taller than her so she had to tilt her head up to answer him "Yes I am." she answered. "I'm officer Grant and this is my partner Nicole. Can we come in?" he asked. She nodded and opened the door wider allowing them entry into the house. 

As  she lead them to the living room Ajax came into view carrying a phone. "So I am going to come straight to the point, your aunt is going to be  arrested as soon as we find her  for dealing with illegal drugs and theft. You are going to come with us to the police station and we will perform a DNA  test to see if you have any relatives and if they are willing to take custody of you both. If not then you are going to be  sent to the orphanage. " said the female officer. "You will have to pack your bags " Grant chimed in. 

They both just walked out of the room without a word. 2 hours later they were on their way to the orphanage after giving the DNA test. Hope wasn't bothered about the test results. She knew what they were going to be. No, she was worried about the aftermath of it. She wanted to believe it was going to be okay. She wanted to believe that her family was going to be safe. Who was she kidding, she knew someone was going to get hurt it was the price of the position and power she held in the world. The world she lived in was deadly and having power in her world comes at a price. It was a price she paid one too many times 

Ajax didn't know what his sister was doing. He didn't know what moves she has up her sleeve. All he knew was whatever she was planning was crazy. but he couldn't do anything about it or interfere in it. If he did it was going to mess with her plan. He learnt that the hard way. So he just sat in the car silently thinking about the people he was going to meet in the next few days. People who were related to him, people who were supposed to be his family.