PANIC ATTACK AND MIDNIGHT BONDING

'Your brain can either help you or destroy you. You should be afraid of it when it does both simultaneously.' ~Hope Sinner

Sleep is something everyone looks forward to. It provides an escape to human beings from their worries and tasks. It is a time period when the human body is completely relaxed. But when the sleep is plagued by bitter memories and experiences, it turns fitful. Sleep was something Hope dreaded. Her mind repeating memories that she would rather forget like a broken tape recorder, sending her into a state of panic. She struggled to get a few hours of sleep. She wished that the night terrors would stay away for a couple of hours so that her body can get enough rest. But as the years went by, her body became accustomed to functioning for days without proper sleep.

Her hand trembled as she held the gun, pointing at the man's forehead. He was innocent. He didn't deserve to be killed. And yet here she was holding a gun to his head, waiting for Adam Morgan's order to shoot. She had no choice. It was either the man or her friend. The man gave her a sad smile as if he understood her choice. He hadn't spoken since the guards brought him. He hadn't pleaded for his life like many others before him. He just kneeled on his knees.

"I am sorry" she mouthed to him. He nodded.

"Kill him." ordered Adam's voice. This time she didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Last time she hesitated, a child has paid the price for her hesitation. The man fell to the ground.

Adam motioned to the guards. They brought in another man who struggled against the guards. He stopped once he saw the dead body on the ground. He looked around, his eyes widening when he saw Delilah being restrained by four guards. He looked at Hope then back at Delilah and understanding filled his eyes. He gave her a slight nod. She just raised her gun pointing at him.

"It isn't your fault" he mouthed to her. She didn't respond, she knew the consequences of showing any humane reactions. She braced herself as she waited for the order.

"Shoot." Adam's voice rang through the room, She fired and watched as he too collapsed. The guards released Delilah. She stood there without turning to look at her friend.

"Well done Doll." Adam praised her with a psychotic smile, ruffling her hair as he walked out of the room.

Hope shot up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom, feeling sick to the core. She threw up her dinner and rinsed her mouth. She cleaned herself and changed her clothes. She looked at the clock. 3:30AM. She snorted.

'Two and half hours. That's 23minutes more than the last time I've actually had any sleep' she thought to herself as she walked downstairs into the kitchen. She was surprised to find Vincent standing near the stove.

Vincent sighed for what seemed to be the hundredth time. He still couldn't get his fathers words out his head even if it has been nearly 5 years and hence the sleepless nights. He groaned as he tossed his covers aside and got up. He walked into the kitchen and started to make himself hot chocolate.

"Hello" a soft voice spoke, poking his back. He whirled around a spatula in his hand, ready to attack the intruder. His hand froze mid-air once his brain registered that the voice belonged to his sister. He lowered his hand onto his heart, trying to calm its frantic beating.

"La merda" (Crap) he muttered under his breath.

"Why are you out of bed?" he demanded when he calmed down a little. Usually he was the only person awake in the mansion.