ALLIES AND BULLETS

Si vis pacem,para bellum. ~Ajax Sinner

"Per l'amor di Dio, smettila di urlare e prova a restare vivo." (For the love of God, stop yelling and try staying alive) Devon yelled as he dodged another bullet. He let out a string of colourful words when the maid still stood there yelling at the ceiling. He let out a relieved sigh when Aleksandr pulled her behind the dining table that has been turned upside down.

"Where is Hope?" he heard Vincent yell as he shot the last attacker standing. All of them stayed in their positions, not moving. Devon started to get up from his place when he heard a bunch of gunshots.

"Stupidi idioti stronzi." (Stupid idiotic assholes) he cursed under his breath as he started shooting back.

EARLIER THAT DAY..

"Stop fretting Devi, you'll be fine." Hope told him as he checked his outfit. She came back an hour ago from Detroit and took one look at him, decided he needed a change and handed him a razor, ordered him to shave of his beard and shoved him into his washroom. He had looked at Atriya for help only to witness her giving his sister a wink before exiting the room. 

Now he was getting skittish as each minute passed by. Hope nudged him towards the front door.

"Get going. Trust me, you will be fine eroe." she muttered as she kissed his cheek. She has been more open after the little surprise he and Vincent planned for her and Ajax. Atriya has assured him that everything will be fine, kissed him for a full minute before rushing out of the door, late for her shift.

"I do hope so Angel." he muttered back, pulling her into a hug. He let her go, kissing her cheek and dashing out of the main entrance before his nerves caught up again.

He reached the hotel with five minutes spare. He saw Viren Abreo and Valeriano Abreo walking towards the entrance along with Aleksandr Petrov, Nikon Petrov, Calix and Jason Kastellano and Enrique Silva. He took in a deep breath as he followed them towards the entrance.

A man in his 20's stood at the entrance waiting for them. He was dressed in a white shirt and black jeans. His blue-black hair was messy though it appeared to suit him. His pale blue eyes appeared friendly at first glance though they were anything but. 

"Good morning gentlemen, I am Nox Cadman. The Don isn't here yet.Please, follow me ." he told them as soon as they reached the entrance. Devon and the others looked at each other before following him. He led them to the private section on the roof. The roof was empty except for the woman who was setting the table. Nox motioned them towards the seats. There were three left when all of them sat down in their respective seats.

"The Don apologises for his tardiness. He should be here within the next 15 minutes." he informed them before walking back in the same direction . Devon let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"So, all of us happen to be cousins except Silva here though my little sister says that one of our cousins is married to his brother." Jason said breaking the awkward silence that descended as soon as Nox left.

"Does that seem a little fishy to anyone?" Nikon asked as he looked around the table.

"Nope." Valeriano said looking mildly amused. "My father and your mothers were siblings along with Charlotte's mom."

"Where is Nathanial?" Calix asked as he glanced at Henrique.

"There was something he needed to deal with back home." he replied. Devon rose an eyebrow at that. 

"Where's Hope?" Viren asked.

"Home." Devon replied. "I want to invite you all to dinner tonight. I know that it is a short notice. But honestly I didn't know about all this family relations."