DEATH OF A FRIEND AND A FOE

Healing takes a lot of time, so be kind to yourself and appreciate how far you've come in the way~ Hope Sinner.

All of them sat in the living room reminiscing old memories when Nixon's phone rang. His expression changed as soon as he saw the caller id. 

"I'm on speaker." he warned the other person as soon as he answered the call. He didn't get a response for a while.

"It's bad Nix." Hope's voice rang from the other side.

"How bad?" Nixon questioned immediately, Hope didn't reply.

"Hope, how bad?" Nixon pressed as his shoulders tensed.

"She asked me if she wasn't good enough to be trusted or loved, Nix."

"That isn't so bad." Nix responded. He exhaled slowly as his shoulders relaxed.

"She asked me the same thing thrice in an hour Nix." Hope shot back. Nixon didn't respond and Hope didn't speak either.

"I'm going to break his bones." she muttered after a while. "I don't care about him being your best friend's brother. I'm going to break every single bone in his body for hurting her."

"Hope." Rahas warned her as Avyaan and Ekansh came into the living room.

"No papa, he hurt her and for that he is going to pay." Hope responded sharply.

"Maa, when are you coming back?" Ekansh asked quietly as he snuggled into Hayes.

"I don't know. I know I said that I'll be back by tonight but I have to find Zac." 

Eksansh sat up, ready to argue but Avyaan shot him a look. A calculating glint appeared in his silver eyes as he motioned for Ekansh to sit quiet. Ekansh nodded as he snuggled back into Hayes.

"Stay safe Maa." Avyann said.

A small chuckle was heard before the call ended.

"E, come with me." Avyaan said as he got up and climbed upstairs. Ekansh rolled his eyes but followed him upstairs.

"How old are they again?" Devon asked once the boys disappeared.

"Three." Nox answered as he stepped inside.

"They are just so.." Devon trailed off. Meenakshi chuckled at his expression.

"You know her IQ and Silver's isn't far behind her." Devon nodded as he stood up. "Anyone want to spar?"

"I'll come." Nix answered, followed by Nox. 

"We can train if you want." Sam offered looking at Atriya. Atriya nodded. 

"Let's meet in the basement in an hour then." Rahas finalized. Everyone nodded their approval.

Riven wondered what drove him to do it as he stood before the Avyaan's bedroom, contemplating if he should go inside or just turn back.  The door opened before he could make a decision. Blue eyes stared up at him cautiously. 

A corner of his mouth lifted up as he stared at the full grown man. Ekansh sighed.

"How long were you going to stand there?" he asked as he pressed a button to open the door wider. Riven shrugged in response as he took in the room. The room was larger than the room he was staying in. The bed was in the center with a set of wooden stairs near it. On one side of the room, a small reading corner was made infront of an artificial fire place. A long rack was attached to the wall, filled with books in various languages. A television was attached on the opposite wall facing the bed. On the other side, the entrance for the closet was placed followed by the washroom entrance. To the corner there was a door leading to the balcony.