BODYGUARDS AND FAMILIAR FACES

Embrace yourself without being ashamed. ~Everett Sinner

Everett brought up the topic of dinner once everyone sat down for breakfast. He had something he needed to share. And to say he was nervous would be an understatement. He was afraid of their reactions, afraid of being different.

"So what about dinner?" he asked as he poured himself a glass of juice.

"I got it." Ajax answered without missing a beat. Hope gave him a curious glance. He smirked at her. He was going to have fun with his family today. 

"What are you planning? You have that troublemaker glint in your eyes." she said. He winked at her with a grin. She groaned.

"About Jacksonville, it's about father." she said. Everybody turned their eyes to her. 

"What about him?" Rueben asked. He grinned when she stole a strawberry from his plate. 

"We have a half-brother." She wanted to laugh at their reactions. Ajax's and Devon's eyes widened. Vincent and Riven dropped their forks. Hayes spat out his juice, Everett choked on his waffle while Rueben patted his back. Atriya opened her mouth only to close it when no words came out.

"Don't joke." Vincent said once he got over the shock. She just raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Ma stai scherzando!" (Are you kidding me!) Rueben exploded.

"Io non sono." (I am not.)

"How did you know?" Devon questioned her. She was getting more and more mysterious as the days went and it only amplified his curiosity. 

"I have my ways."

"And what are your ways?" Riven asked. She shot him a look that screamed 'are you stupid.' He slumped in his seat. She wasn't going to answer his question.

"Where is he?" Ajax asked.

"Who is he?" Everett asked. 

"How old is he?" Hayes questioned.

Atriya slammed her hand onto the table. Everybody quietened at once when she glared at them.

"I suggest that all of you shut your traps before I shut them for you. Let her speak you dimwits." she growled at them. She smiled when everyone gulped. Hope shot her a thumbs up.

"I like you" she said.

"The feeling is mutual." Atriya replied with a smile.

Hope made herself a large mug of coffee. Rueben opened his mouth to protest but shut it when Atriya glared at him.

"He's in London as of now. He is 22 years old. No other details are important." she said. She let out a happy sound once she sipped her coffee.

"When do we meet him?" Atriya asked looking excited.

"We don't." Hope replied.

"Why not?" Devon asked with a frown.

"He is currently unavailable." she muttered.

"What does that mean?" Hayes asked.

"He is in coma."

"Beh merda." (Well crap) Everett cursed.

"Who's taking care of him?" Ajax asked as he chewed his food.

"Skye" He choked on his waffle. He shot her an incredulous look once he got his breath under control.

"Vraiment?" (Really?) She nodded.

"Who is Skye?" Rueben asked.

"Family." Ajax and Hope answered. Devon raised an eyebrow at that. Another family member he knew nothing about.