Married To My Enemy 4

After establishing their boundaries, YuXin was left alone and Kun did not step foot anywhere near her courtyard, let alone room. Her request to leave the house on her own though, was denied by Kun stating that it is for her personal safety and if she wanted to, she need to be accompanied by servants and body guards at all times.

"Wife of the royal highness? More like a trapped bird in this golden cage." YuXin lamented with a heavy sigh.

"My lady, you haven't explored the whole estate, let's spend some time outside instead of cooping yourself up in this room." Xiao Cui suggested and YuXin agreed readily. Better to be walking outside than stuck in this miserable room.

Walking around the estate, she realised it was bigger than she expected. There were so many individual houses and some areas were specifically for Kun's personal needs that was restricted to others. Xiao Cui led her to a pavilion in the garden for a break.

"My lady, I will ask the servants to prepare some snacks for you." YuXin nodded and sat down, while Xiao Cui took out a handkerchief to help YuXin wipe away the perspiration on her forehead.

"I'm okay." YuXin wiped away the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand and flashed a smile at the stunned Xiao Cui who was holding the handkerchief in midair. "You can use it for yourself." A sudden gust of wind blew away the handkerchief from Xiao Cui's hand onto a lotus pad in the pond and Xiao Cui exclaimed out, "My handkerchief!"

She rushed to the edge of the pavilion and reached her arm out, trying to retrieve it but her arm was too short to reach. "Let me do it." YuXin patted Xiao Cui's arm and stood at the edge, extending her arm out.

"My lady, it's dangerous. Let's wait for the servants to come back." Xiao Cui said with a worried frown, looking at YuXin who was tethering on the edge dangerously.

"Almost got it.." YuXin shifted her feet a little further and her fingertips touched the handkerchief. She shifted her balance and grabbed on to the handkerchief successfully. The smile on her face quickly changed to a shock when she lost her balance and found herself almost falling into the pond when she felt someone's arm around her waist, pulling her back.

"Thanks Xiao Cui, I almost fe-" YuXin halted midway in her speech when she saw Kun's face inches away from hers and her back stuck close to his chest.

"Don't you know its dangerous?" Kun asked with a frown.

YuXin pushed his arm away gently and swiftly maneuver herself away from Kun.

He turned and looked at Xiao Cui, "Why didn't you help her instead?"

YuXin quickly stepped in between Kun and Xiao Cui, shielding Xiao Cui behind her and explained, "Don't blame Xiao Cui, I was the one who was reckless.. But I'm fine now, thank you for saving me just now."

"You..." Kun looked at YuXin who was looking back at him with her clean pair of eyes and shook his head. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Just.. walking around, bored of staying in my room and courtyard." YuXin answered and she immediately walked towards the servants who brought the plates of snacks and placing them on the table in the pavilion.

Kun observed how YuXin's face lit up in delight from the sight of the food feeling slightly amused at her reaction. He walked over to the table and called out to the servants, instructing them to serve a few more dishes up.

YuXin, "Do you want to eat together?"

.

Kun didn't know what overcame him to even approach his wife in the first place when he saw her leaning forward dangerously on the edge. He should have just walked on as if he didn't see anything, leaving her to her own demise, but instead he chose to help her.

When he wrapped his arm around her waist, he realised just now skinny she was under the layers of clothing. His arm could easily encircle her waist with ample of space and somehow a protective instinct came into his mind.

Before he knew it, he had already ordered several dishes for her seeing how please she was with the food.

Right now, sitting opposite of her, Kun observed her closely, amused at how she was enjoying her the delicacies and nibbling on them like a small rabbit. The way her eyes twinkled with joy made Kun let down his guard as his lips started to lift up at the sides.

Kun, "Are they that delicious?"

YuXin nodded eagerly with a smile on her face, "I haven't eaten all these before."

Haven't eaten all these before? She should be able to enjoy these in her household..

Kun pressed his lips together with a pensive look and picked up a tart with his chopstick and placed it on YuXin's plate. "Eat more."

.

Albeit having the brief interaction relationship between Kun and YuXin did not improve much at all. In fact, Kun was keeping himself busy with the affairs in the royal court and was hardly home much.

"Kun, aren't you going to spend time with your newly wedded wife? You know the work is never ending. Might as well take the time to spend with your wife instead of facing all these boring scrolls." Fan Cheng picked up a royal scroll and toss it at the other end of the table, earning a glare from Kun.

"You know its a political marriage that I don't agree to." Kun took the scroll and browse through the content in deep concentration.

"Don't tell me the rumor of you and Princess Jing is true?" Fan Cheng widened his eyes as he thought of the rumor circulating around.

Kun stopped his brush midway, stunned by the mention of Princess Jing. It took him a moment before he collected his thoughts and replied to Fan Cheng coldly, "Stop speculating."

Pouting his lips in disdain at how cold Kun was, Fan Cheng prodded Kun's arm lightly with his fan and tilted his chin up curiously. "So, is your wife a ravishing beauty? I heard she was the prized possession of Lord Liu and no one had seen her before."

"She's not a beauty, just an normal average girl." Kun replied nonchalantly as he reached out to the next scroll amongst the mountain pile of it.

"Is that so? Let me see her." Fan Cheng asked with a cheeky grin.

Seeing Fan Cheng's cheeky smile, Kun glared at him and toss the scroll towards his direction and scolded. "Why don't you focus on your work instead of thinking about all these inconsequential stuff."

"Cheh, you are no fun at all." Fan Cheng scrunched his nose unhappily after being told off by Kun.