You Are My Demon 4

"Hey, don't you think boss is acting weird?" Chengcheng nudged YuYan lightly as the two stood behind Kun who's busy observing the others on the field.

"Is he?" YuYan answered dismissively as her eyes latched on YuXin, casting a subtle warm smile.

"Geez, you're too busy noticing your new prey to notice." Chengcheng rolled his eyes and continued, "See, boss ears are all red. What's going on with him?"

Annoyed that her serene time to gaze upon YuXin was disturbed, YuYan snapped at Chengcheng, "If you're so interested in him, ask him."

She grabbed a bottle of water and walked towards YuXin who was now panting heavily with her back bend, trying to catch her breath. Albeit improving in her stamina for the past few days, she was still the last to finish her laps.

"Have a drink." YuYan offered the bottle and YuXin gulped down the water, soothing her parched throat as the cold water slid down her throat.

Her moment of peace ended quickly when Kun walked towards her and threw a towel at her. This time round, YuXin caught it before it landed on her face.

"Hurry up, time for the next practice."

"Boss, let her catch her breath before she heads to the next practice." YuYan commented and was immediately shot down by Kun.

"She's already lagging behind. It'll be midnight if she continues at this pace." Kun answered and walked off.

Which part of him is different, he's still the same serious boss. YuYan thought.

Meanwhile, Kun was trying to calm his palpitating heart down. What the heck is wrong with me.

He thought it was weird of him to feel his heart wrenching a little when he saw YuXin teary eyed when she smacked her nose on him. Then his heart started to pulsate rapidly when he saw her drenched from head to toe and then again when he saw her flushed face and her fringe plastered on her face.

It was out of the question for Kun to be attracted to YuXin as a girl. Kun has been surrounded by pretty girls and even the recruits they have were all prettier and have better curves than YuXin.

As he stole a glance at YuXin who's currently struggling to climb up the obstacle wall as she jumped in futile, Kun's eyes widened and he realised the answer.

That's right, I must be seeing her as a puppy. That's why my heart is acting like this.

.

YuXin dragged her lethargic body to the cafeteria and plopped herself down on the nearest chair she could find. As she sat down, she could feel the sores in her body traveling through herself and let out a soft groan as she rotated her arms.

"Alright, we will be heading over to the other island for another round of training later. It will involve your physical grit and navigational ability." Kun addressed the rest of the recruits and walked over to YuXin's end, looking straight down at her.

As he was about to open his mouth, YuXin interjected," I know, don't skive off if not there will be punishment awaiting for you." She recited his nagging back at him word for word causing Kun to glared back at her before giving a nod and walked off.

The training on the other island was another level of torture for YuXin. As the boat landed on the shore, they spotted the safety gear and ropes cascading down the steep rocky cliff.

"You are to climb up the cliff to reach your next destination." Chengcheng commanded and the recruits got into their gear and started climbing without further delay.