Married To My Enemy 12

Lying beside Kun once again, YuXin found it more difficult for her to fall asleep. The rest of the team, apart from one of the subordinate who was keeping watch, were all fast asleep. She shifted her eyes to the side and sneaked a peek at Kun who's lying straight on his back, unmoving.

He seemed so unperturbed with sleeping beside me. YuXin thought as she heaved a soft sigh, rolling herself to face another direction sadly. She let out a soft yelp in shock the moment she turned as she was faced with a huge spider crawling towards direction.

In the moment of fear, YuXin quickly turned herself towards Kun's direction and grabbed onto the sleeve of his robe, burying her head in his arm, squirming with her eyes shut tight. Sensing the movement, Kun opened his eyes and looked towards YuXin who was now shivering, grasping onto a fistful of his robe. He sat up and saw the culprit causing her to shiver in fright and took out his sword, thrusting towards the spider swiftly, flicking it far away from sight.

He reached his hand towards YuXin's head, about to pat her when he deliberated and shifted his hand towards her shoulder instead and tapped on her gently, leaning in and whispering to her softly, "It's gone now."

YuXin slowly raised her head up and her eyes met with Kun's straight gaze on her, causing her face to flush slightly. Seeing the fleck of tears in her eyes and soft blushing face under the moonlight, Kun felt the sudden urge to simply wrap his arm around her to make her feel safe.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." YuXin apologised softly, feeling apologetic for disturbing Kun's rest.

"It's okay, go to sleep." Kun replied.

Even after knowing the spider is already gone, YuXin still felt scared at the mere thought of it and as she released her hold on Kun's sleeve, she still remained in her curled up position, facing towards Kun, praying internally that she would not encounter any spiders anymore.

As night falls the next day, YuXin sat down and started looking around furtively, afraid of the same encounter she had the previous night. Seeing how worried she was, Kun took out a satchel and handed it over to YuXin.

"Here, use this." It was a satchel containing the different wild herbs that Kun had collected during their travel along the woods. YuXin took the satchel with her brows raised as she caught  a whiff of her scent from the satchel, "What's this?"

Kun, "Herbs that repels insect."

Hearing that, YuXin felt her heart skip a beat and an elated feeling coursing through her body as she tried to contain the smile that was forming on her face. It came as a surprise to her that Kun had prepared something like this for her and she looked at him with her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"You.. made this for me?"

Caught off guard by her question, Kun cleared his throat and looked away, nodding his head slightly as he explained. "Mmn,  you need to rest to keep up with the traveling."

The lackluster explanation from Kun made YuXin heart drop immediately as she thought internally. So he just did not want me to be a burden to the team..

Biting her lips, YuXin nodded and replied, "Thank you, your highness."

.

Traveling in the woods for the past few days, YuXin was not use to not being able to shower for such a long period of time. Although they were traveling during autumn where the sun was still forgiving, she could feel her body itching and she could not wait to clean herself up properly the moment she reached town. , She started to scratch her neck as she thought of how dirty her body was and sniffed around her body before relaxing. Luckily she didn't smell bad, if not she could probably die of embarrassment sleeping next to Kun.

The group reached their rest spot for the day and Fan Cheng rounded up one of his subordinate along with him to seek out the path to take for the next day as the rest stayed back to set up the camp.

Seeing how uncomfortable YuXin was, Kun walked towards her and said, "There's a pool by the waterfall over in that direction, you can take a bath there." He gestured to her the direction to take and added, "It's not too far from here, do you need to me lead you?"

Shaking her head quickly, YuXin replied, "I.. I can go there on my own. Thank you, your highness." She walked off quickly, heading over to the pool excitedly, thinking how she could finally have the chance to bathe herself after a few days of not doing so.

After making sure no one was nearby, YuXin took no time to undress and quickly dipped herself into the pool when she reached the destination, letting out a contented smile as she feel the dirt and grime being washed away from her body.

Kun looked towards the direction where YuXin was headed with a worried frown. She should be alright alone right? Somehow, even though he knew this was a path that was uncommon for people to pass by, he couldn't help but worry about YuXin's safety.

Seeing Fan Cheng's subordinate returning back alone from the other side of the forest, Kun felt a foreboding sign and questioned him with a raised voice. "Where's Fan Cheng?"