𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

profiling 202

    AT HOME CITLALI WAS READY FOR BED, HER DAUGHTERS WERE IN BED

    AT HOME CITLALI WAS READY FOR BED, HER DAUGHTERS WERE IN BED. SHE MADE HER way downstairs for a glass of wine. She's serves herself a glass of wine, before taking a big gulp.

"Citlali." Mason says walking in through the front door he looks pale, "are you okay?" He asks. She turns to look at him surprised, clearly not excepting him.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. "Are you okay?"

"Your text message, and the call you left, it was alarming." He says.

"I didn't text you Mason." She says looking at him weirdly. He pulls out his phone and shows her, she sighs knowing it's Estrella.

"Hi daddy." Estrella says.

"Hi Princess, are you okay?" Mason asks.

"Can you tell me a bedtime story?" Estrella smiles at him. Mason turns to look at Citlali who nods.

"Of course, come on." Mason says taking her hand and leading her up to her bedroom. Citlali grabbed her glass of wine and went upstairs, she stood in the doorframe looking at them. She had asked for the story of how the two met and Mason reluctantly told her, and Citlali heard it. She felt angry at Mason for showing up, for coming here tonight, it was her night with the girls. She wanted to yell at him to leave, to leave her home, he's done it once and it shouldn't be hard for him. But he wasn't here for her, he was here for Estrella, so she pushed away her feelings and left the two.

            CITLALI SAT AT HER KITCHEN ISLAND, DRINKING HER SECOND GLASS OF WINE WHILE the flash played on living room television serving as background noise. She didn't feel as lonely as she actually is.

"We haven't had a chance to talk about the message you left me." Mason says.

"I think they should talk to someone about their emotions." Citlali says.

"Okay." He says.

"I wanted to let you know before I spoke to them. I also think it would be good for them if you went to see someone." She says.

"What about you?" He asks.

"I've been going for months now." She says, "Marisol and Estrella both know. After the divorce is finalized, I'll be taking them home, for a while."

"The school." He says.

"I don't care, you'll talk to them. You're one of their bugger donors aren't you. It's the least you owe us." Citlali says looking at him coldly. Mason looks at her not recognizing the look she's giving him. She was always warm towards him. In all honesty her looking at him like that hurt him, but he knew dam well he deserved it. "You should go, I'm going to bed." She says grabbing the remote to turn off the television.