𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

in another life

           AFTER PUTTING THE GIRLS IN THE THEIR TEMPORARY ROOMS, CITLALI AND EZ sat in the living room, Felipe had gone to bed

AFTER PUTTING THE GIRLS IN THE THEIR TEMPORARY ROOMS, CITLALI AND EZ sat in the living room, Felipe had gone to bed. The television is on but the two siblings aren't paying attention, too wrapped up in their own head to be intrigued by whatever is playing.

"You ever think of what could have been?" Ez asks her.

"My therapist says it's not good to duel on the past, so does Pops." She tells him. "But yes I do, especially right now, that I'm back here."

"Therapist?" He asks her, he wasn't aware she was seeing a therapist. He wasn't surprised to hear about Pops, the two often spoke about certain topics, they had a special bond.

"At first it was required for my job, after Mark Jones." She says. "I kept going there I realized I had more to work through." She says. "I need to make sure I am good, to be a good mom to my daughters." She looks down at her hands. "I do, I think of everything I could have done differently." Her eyes fall on a picture of her sixteen birthday, Charlie had taken that photo of her and their mother, Santiago joined the photo last minute. He follows her eyesight, and he sighs.

"Charlie Gallagher." He says.

"Often yes, when I'm here yes." She says. "I don't regret my daughters, never, just their dad, Jesus Chris. They are the best people that happened to me, and I am lucky to be their mom, so god dam lucky." She says. "But even what if I hadn't left Santo Padre?" She says, "Or I came back? Or if I would have asked Nick to come back, or to stay." She says.

"I came back." He tells her. "Who's Nick?"

She nods knowing he did, he came back after their mothers death. His life did a completely 180, all their lives had changed but his was worse by far.

"A guy I dated while I was a baby agent." She says. He raises his eyebrow asking for more of an explanation, why it was the first time he heard of him. "He was also an agent, and well it ended." She says not wanting to give much details about Nick. She kept him like oath.

"Let me guess, yours is Emily?" She asks him, flipping the conversation, and he just looks at her, he doesn't have to say anything to know she right. His face said everything. "I know you." She says. "I saw my ex the other day, can I still call him that? It's been over ten years." She says and he looks at her and nods. She moves her neck from side to side, trying to work out the kink from the little nap she took on the couch. The two talk more about their thoughts of what could have been. How their lives might of been so drastically different. "I'm going to bed." She tells him standing up, "night." She gives him a small smile.

"Goodnight." He tells her giving her a small smile.

  THE MORNING SUN SHINED BRIGHTLY THROUGH THE WINDOW, HITTING CITLALI ON the side of her face making her pull the covers over her head.