The Arising Conflict

You're Warm
Chapter 2: The Arising Conflict

Standing behind the gym, Lucy panted and ripped herself away from her black jacket that she threw down to the floor. Hugging her shivering body to keep herself warm from the biting cold, she rested against the wall where she gave out a loud sigh of relief for her successful escape.

How could he do that to her? Is this how he'd treat his long disconnected friend from childhood?

Sighing again, she ran her fingers through her wet, tangled golden locks and looked down to her hand. "He didn't even give me a hug or anything like in the past - It's like, I'm unwanted here. Like I'm some type of alien while that girl was standing where I was supposed to be standing - Was I a replacement for her while she was away or something?" she told herself before she flinched, hearing approaching footsteps come to her little hide out.

"Who's there?!" she yelled, pushing herself off of the wall where she reached down to her silver bracelet resting on her wrist slowly with uncertainty written on her face.

It was now or never... She had to use her magic again someday. Her friends in the Celestial Realm were questioning her about her absence on calling for their services, but she would always avoid their questions - Maybe until today...

The blonde looking at the small gap of the alley that she'd just recently walked through to get her where she's standing now, Levy popped out from the side with a uncertain smile on her face. "I'm no threat Lu-chan," she whispered before another head popped out over her.

"And I'm not going to devour you or humiliate you like that bastard," the crimson smiled as she walked over Lucy who took a step back where she slammed herself into the wall.
  "Woah there! I'm not someone who'd do that to any new student," Sakura stated before remembering something. Turning, she handed Levy her bag before turning back to examine Lucy's appearance.

Smiling, she leaned her weight back. "So this is the prestigious Lucy Heartfilia of the Heartfilia household," she muttered before frowning at Lucy's still-soaked body. "I thought that you're able to use Celestial Summoning magic? Creating heat from the stars should be enough to dry off your clothes..." she questioned where Lucy shook her head.

"You don't have to look after me. I'm fine like this," she replied bluntly where Levy frowned to her friend's rejection for help. "But Lu-chan."

"Levy-chan... You know my situation well enough to know."

Sakura sighing, she took a step back to create some space between them. "I guess I'm being a nuisance here?" she said where Levy snapped her head over to her.

"No, you're not Sakura-san!"

The blonde widening her eyes, she looked back to forth between the two who were exchanging a conversation through their eyes. Watching the crimson girl that might as well audition for a modelling agency, she watched her turn her full attention onto her.

"I won't do anything to make you feel insecure. We're just worried for your wellbeing Lucy. After what he's done, you're going to be in danger by the other girls and boys who follow him," Sakura stated.
"I just want to tell you that you're under threat of being bullied. I really want to help you Lucy, but I need to know your relationship with him," she then added before the warning bell alerted everyone that it's time to head to class.

Sighing, Sakura looked up to the sky before giving one last glance to the blonde. "Please... If you ever need our help, please tell us. Erza and Gray are worried about you; perhaps you should talk to them again."

"They don't care about me..."

"Lu-chan..."

     "No. It's fine Levy-chan. I can tell her... There's something about her that makes me want to open up to her," Lucy replied, dropping her head to look down to the ground.