Answer

You're Warm

Chapter 30: Answer

She rolled herself over where she easily landed on her feet. Her eyes still glowing as she walked towards the light, she mysteriously stopped at the edge where she wasn't under the light but just close enough to allow him to completely see her. "Is it really that hard not to protect your mate? She's not weak and neither are we who talk to you..." she asked as she flicked her long hair back.

Her eyes hinting for a challenge as if anticipating for his rebuttal, she clicked her tongue in distaste. "As much as I hate to say this, she indeed managed to take Igneel off-guard when she killed him - Are you actually thinking that she may do the same to us?" she asked.

Hearing no reply, she closed her eyes and took in a deep inhale. "Why how noble you are to your own kind..." she whispered before slowly opening her eyes where he flinched when she narrowed her piercing red eyes to him.
"I don't hesitate when it comes to fighting against an opponent that are asking for trouble Natsu... You should know that..." She stopped turning and snapped her head over towards a particular bush.

"Like I said, I don't hesitate when it comes to fighting against an opponent that are asking for trouble!" she yelled before avoiding a bullet to the head by bending her body back.

A growl ripping through the silence, she flipped herself over where she landed on all fours like a predator ready to pounce. "I can recognise your scent from the day you shot me at school... Sniper!" she bellowed, pouncing towards the bush where her earrings began to glow.

"Just tell me Natsu... Do you really want to live a life filled with misery?" she whispered before giving out a powerful Fire Dragon's Roar. Looking over shoulder with a painful smile, she stood up and turned to face her relative. "The darkness that I must face everyday... Although both of our pains are different - Do you really think that following Lisanna's orders will solve everything?"

She flicked away another bullet that came flying to her. With another growl coming out of her throat, she spun on her heels and clicked her fingers where roots emerged from underneath the sniper and held him tightly in the air. Her breathing heavy as she looked down to her waist, Drancer appeared beside her. "What is your answer, Natsu Dragneel?" she whispered.

He stood there for a moment and clenched his tightened fists. What was his answer?

"She's not my mate Sakura..."

"You're pathetic Natsu! A mate is something only given to you once in  a lifetime - There's nothing to reject when we solely need them to fill our lonely lives! We both need each other to survive!" Sakura bellowed as she snapped her head to look at him in fury.

   "Why do you think I stopped my ways when I met Takuto?! Did you think that I accepted him just because I thought of him as a tool to stop my raging beast?!"

Natsu didn't reply. She was right though.

"I..."

"There's no 'I' anymore Natsu! When you were born... When you start realising your feelings... When you finally asked me about mates... That's when the word 'I' became a 'we'," Sakura cried out before her glowing eyes faded back to normal.

"Why are you being so stubborn?" A voice questioned where all three heads turned to find Erza and Gray standing there with disappointment evident on their faces.

Natsu sighed and ran his fingers through his pink hair. He was tired and fed up with all of this drama. All he wanted to do right now was to go home and sleep, then pick up Happy from Lisanna's house - Even though his cat never liked the girl.

"Don't even start..." he groaned.

The scarlet shook her head before folding her arms over her chest. "We're over with the whole acting game Natsu. You made us all hurt her unintentionally... Telling us what she didn't want to associate with us anymore and that her messages to us were just empty words," she said.

Gray nodded his head to Erza's statement. "There's no way that someone that didn't want to talk to us would send us these messages filled with sorrow and pain..." he supported, sighing at the end to show him how bothered he was with those messages sent by a certain blonde.

"You have no idea how afraid we were to see her in that state at the hospital. Heck, we didn't even know what to do..."  Erza whispered.

"How Sting and Rogue bolted after her where they left us both behind..." 

The pinkette groaned. He wanted to seriously walk away right -

"The crystal is cracking... We need to hurry before the beast within Lucy-san takes over," Drancer suddenly informed.

Sakura widening her eyes, she squeezed her eyes shut tiredly. Giving a long sigh, she messaged her temples before slowly opening her eyes. "I don't want to do this but Drancer... Please bring me back and have Knight come over here. He'll bring Natsu over if he decides to end everything," she instructed where Drancer nodded.

"I'm sorry that I can't take you two with me. If you can, please take that person over there to the police," she then whispered as she headed towards the portal that was  being held up my Drancer.

Her eyes glowing, she stretched before looking straight into the gate. "Time to make her beast submit to me before she goes crazy..." she whispered before sitting on Drancer where they headed into the portal.

Once they were in and the gate closed, Knight appeared in his wolf form. "Have you decided?" he asked where Gray and Erza stared at Natsu.

"I'm not going... I'm not going to risk -"

Erza stormed up to him and slapped him across the face. "Natsu! She needs you right now! Sakura may be strong, but she's weaker than all of us emotionally! Are you forgetting about her situation from the past?!" she yelled as her eyes began to well up.

   "Don't forget about Lucy! We heard it! She lost her parents Natsu!"

He stood there stunned. The fact that Lucy had lost her parents was something that he happened to push back to the deepest corner of his mind. 

As much as he didn't want to recall it, he could remember that very day where she stood there in the rain. The pain and tears in her eyes stabbed him deep within the heart. Even though he was watching, he couldn't do anything to ease the pain - He knew that Lisanna was watching his every movement.

"I think you should go and see her. It may not be my place to speak, but if you very much wish to continue what you're doing... Then you should reject her properly," Knight stated.