Overtaken

You're Warm

Chapter 23: Overtaken

It was a nice day outside and Natsu was at a cafe with Lisanna hugging his arm while sitting next to him. A smile on her face as she snuggled into his arm, she opened her eyes and smirked over to the pinkette. "So that girl hasn't been at school for more than a month... Is it that easy to get rid of her?" she chuckled before reaching out to her thick shake where she scooped up a finger of whipped cream.

Placing it into her mouth, she chuckled as she let go of his arm to sit back into her own seat. "Honestly, it's nice to see that everyone has forgotten about that blondie. They're all too busy about us - How we're mate and an item," she said in amusement, glancing over to Natsu who was looking down to his cup with a blank face.

"Have you made Sakura-chan accept me as your mate?" she then asked.

She watched him slowly lift his head where he narrowed his eyes at her. "How dare you shoot her," he snarled in which she raised a mocking brow.

"Do you want me to bomb her hotel? She'll be dead - She might even say hi to Igneel for us both," she threatened where Natsu tightened his fists in silence.

He knew that she would seriously do that. She did it before, and she wouldn't mind doing it again if it means keeping him under her control... As much as he hated her, he hated himself for not being able to do anything against her.

Opening his mouth, he was about to say something until a shrilling scream of horror was heard nearby before the sounds of building collapsing followed after. Natsu pushing his chair back as he stood up, he listened to the screams that soon filled the busy streets.

"The Grimm Reaper has come to take our lives!" a voice screamed where Lisanna slowly stood up.

Their eyes looking at a particular direction, they widened their eyes when a figure slowly landed on the ground in front of them. With people screaming murderously as they tried to evacuate the area, Natsu's eyes remained on the blonde standing in front of him with a black skirt and a matching black crop top.
Unable to listen to the screaming around him along with Lisanna's questions, he gaped at the blonde smiling to him with much distaste. If her eyes could kill, he would have been dead by now.

Not moving, he began to move when he saw the girl slowly raise her weapon into the air. Running towards her where she smirked, Lucy swiped her blade where he tried to reach out to the woman that was now falling to the ground. 

Blood pooling around the woman's body, he looked at Lucy in horror to which she giggled darkly. The road now empty, only the three of them stood there in silence.

   "So this is the notorious Natsu Dragneel..." Lucy spoke, voice still blurred among another's voice.

Her eyes glowing blue, she grinned as she pointed her scythe to him. "Ahh... Such a beautiful red dragon residing within you. It's so beautiful that I just want to destroy it and eat up its soul after poisoning it," she mocked before moving to point her scythe to Lisanna who was glaring at her.

"This? That thing inside of you is a thing? Ha! How pathetic is it?" Lucy laughed as she covered half of her face with her free hand. Laughing out hard, she threw her head back before dropping her hand.

With eyes that were mockingly cold, she chuckled. "I don't know how that thing would taste, but I would love to see you writhe in pain while I take it out of your body..." she said where Natsu covered Lisanna with his body in which she narrowed her eyes.

Tilting her head to the side, Lucy tried to think of a reason to why he would cover the girl from her sight. Not bothering since her mind and body was thirsting for some blood, she made her grin grow as wide as a Cheshire Cat. "I don't get the reason why she would want your attention... Your affection... Just what is it that makes her unable to fully forget you?" Belladonna questioned as she tried to figure out a reason.

Her shoulders raised, she lowered her scythe with her eyes still on the boy in front of her. "It's been less than a day and still, with one mention of your name, her mind and soul tries to find and remember you - She can forget others, but not you," Belladonna wondered.

"What are you on about Lucy?" Natsu asked to which she chuckled at her foolishness of speaking too much to the enemy. 

The blonde shaking her head, she spun her scythe in between her fingers and took a step forward. "If I get rid of him, then controlling her would be way easier... I don't think she would even use me unless I control her like this," she mused before catching her scythe in ease.

   "I'm over this. Watching from the sidelines was always such a bore... I preferred real action overall."

Going into stance, she gave him an insane smile where she bolted forward. 

    "No!" Lucy screamed where she suddenly stopped her course and dropped her scythe.

Her eyes fading back to her normal honey-brown, they slowly began to change back to a glowing blue where it began to go back and forth in colour. Lucy holding her head in between her hands, she painfully groaned as she forced herself her look at Natsu in shame and horror.

Her mind and soul fighting against the overwhelming power inside of her, she gritted her teeth as she tried to regain control over her own body. "You do not control me!" Lucy cried out, this time clearer as she fought for dominance.

Dropping onto her knees, she closed her eyes and used all of her strength to push Belladonna out of her body. Her breathing ragged as she slowly pushed herself from the ground, she swayed slightly before standing up straight with her bangs shadowing her eyes.

Her wings transforming into black rose vines where they wrapped themselves around her neck down to her hips, crimson red roses began to bloom just as she raised her head to stare at Natsu and Lisanna blankly. More black vines appearing around her knees down to her ankles, purple flowers began to bloom with dark purple berries sprouting as hair accessories on her head.
  At this point, Lucy looked like a doll covered in vines. Her eyes hauntingly staring into Natsu's confused ones, she slowly raised her finger and pointed to Natsu blankly. "I want him gone... I want my life to return to when I was younger - Without him in it of course," she whispered where Belladonna's eyes shone brightly in correspondence.

Natsu taking a step back where Lisanna didn't know that Lucy had this amount of power within her, she grabbed onto Natsu's shirt with large, unbelieving eyes. "What the hell is that thing behind her? Is she insane?" she snarled where Belladonna began to approach them.

The boy gritting his teeth, he had no other choice but to fight against the darn thing that was wielding the scythe. "I'm all fired up!" Natsu boomed where his scarf began to glow, his clothes changing into his battle clothes.

He didn't know what was going on, but his plans were to get rid of that skeleton-looking thing before snapping Lucy out that trance or whatever.