Who to Trust?

You're Warm
Chapter 3: Who to Trust?

Homeroom was over, and students were flooding up every single hallway that Lucy walked through as they hastily made their way to their next class.
Although that may have been the case, a few of them would glance up to our blonde as they curiously examined her attire. Honestly, you would've thought that was all it, but unfortunately for Lucy, a few of the girls would purposely push her with their shoulders.

Well – So far, their first impression for her was completely negative. If they didn't like her, why didn't they just tell her straight up without having to do all of that pushing or shoving?

Sighing, Lucy shook her head and took a random turn to the left where the hallway had a small walkway to the next building. Not knowing what was over in the next building, she walked out to the concrete walkway and found herself looking out to a large dusty field where students were all quickly finding seats on the vast rows of silver spectator seats. Curious about what's going on, she walked out to see a lacrima screen portraying Sakura's identification photo and another student wearing a knight-looking helmet over their face.

From possible examinations, the name said it all. In flashy writing, it declared the battle between S-Class against A-Class, Sakura Miyasaki against Bickslow.

"What is going on?" Lucy whispered before one of her golden keys began to glow. "Seems like a mage battle," one of her spirits answered before it faded away, leaving the blonde no choice but to enter the fields where a very small old man stood in front of her.

   "Ah. Lucy Heartfilia... I was beginning to wonder where you've been," he said, surprising the blonde for his small body, but overpowering presence.

Nodding, she forced herself to smile. "I came across some issues. Can I ask what's going on Mr..."
The man noticing that she didn't know his name yet, he grinned as his dangly green hat flopped to his movement. "Master Makarov," he answered where she widened her eyes.

Quickly dropping her head in apology, she heard the small man in front of her chuckle. "Why don't worry child. There's no need to be all respectful to an old man like me. Besides, we're all family no?"

  Family - Her mind rung as she slowly lifted up her head to frown to his words. "What do you mean by family?" she questioned, this time out loud.

"Here in Fairy Tail Academy, we treat everyone here like a family... a nakama," he answered before shaking his head to warmly smile at her. "Your question about before; Here in Fairy Tail Academy, we settle our differences through actions. It never ends well if we try to be civil anyways – Education may be everything, but we're known to be the troublemakers anyways," he then added before Sakura came walking over to his direction.

   "Ah, and here comes one of our fighters."

Stopping in front of them with a frown on her face, she nodded her head in acknowledgement to the blonde. "Master... I don't think I want to fight against one of the Thunder God Tribe. I didn't even know that a battle was planned!" she cried out where she pointed out to the chattering crowd of students.

"We never have peace in the school!" Throwing up her arms, she shook her head. "Erza said that we shouldn't be fighting since the school festival is almost here."

Lucy gasped at the crimson complaining to the school's principal. Just how did she manage to gather that much courage to complain to him?

 "Nonsense child! Running away from a little fight won't make a difference," Master Makarov replied where Lucy widened her eyes. Turning her head to look at Sakura, she watched her face-palm in annoyance.