Enslaved

You're Warm
Chapter 16: Enslaved

Where was she?

Why as she floating within this black space?

When will she touch the ground below her?

Was there even a ground below her?

Slowly opening her eyes, she found herself floating in a place that she didn't know. High and away from her reach, she could see a pure white light which seemed inviting to touch. She tried to reach out to it, only to feel her hand as heavy as lead.

She couldn't feel her body other than her slowly-beating heart. It was still pumping her crimson blood throughout her body, but why couldn't she move?

"Do you want to forget everything?"

She couldn't move her mouth which was slightly open to allow her to breathe. She couldn't even move her head to find the person that was talking to her. Was the person even there in front of her to begin with?

She couldn't sense a presence so it must have been her head doing all of the talking.

"To forget the past and carry on with the present?"

Lucy remained floating as her eyes never left the bright light in front of her. Her chest rising and dropping at a very slow pace, she thought about it for a moment before two men in tuxedos emerged from the white light where the light morphed into a black sun which shadowed their faces.

  The two men how hovering besides her, they smiled to her darkly as the sun continued to blaze and the black space slowly drained into the colour white.

"There she wakes..." the tallest man spoke where his voice echoed, giving out a dark, yet haunting impression.

"She wakes - She wakes!" the other said, repeating the words from the tallest in a screechy voice that was almost like a parrot infused with a crow.

As her eyes remained on the black sun, she felt her energy draining where a purple flaming feline appeared in front of her and in between the two men. Its body then changing into a figure of a girl, she smiled even though her eyes were shadowed by the sun behind her. "Forget the past and become stronger. Accept the change - No one wants you..." the girl said.

"To forget - We'll make your wishes come true..." the tallest man spoke where the shortest man repeated his words again.

   "Wishes come true- Come true!" he said.

She laid there in silence and felt tears  slowly forming at the corner of her eyes. Her tears were enough to make the girl in front of her laugh devilishly as she threw her head back in amusement.

"Is the girl crying? Why is she crying?"

"She's weak - She is weak I tell you! No one cries over their past! They forget - They forget!"

The high-pitched man was right. She is weak. Everyday was a pain to go through, so maybe forgetting was the right thing.

Maybe she should forget and move on. Nothing was going like how she'd like it to be, so why should be hope on the possible when it's impossible to happen?

   Not knowing that her eyes were yet again letting go of its radiance, she laid there in silence. There was nothing to look forward to since no one cared for her...

That's right... No one did ever care for her.

The childhood friends that she once thought would always be by her side suddenly turned their backs on her and move on with their lives as if she has never existed. They were laughing without her being besides them - They were happy without her presence.

They were glad that she wasn't there with them...

The girls that were by her side were lying about their friendships to her. They didn't want her to laugh with them as they talked about popular idols. She knew that they wanted to be away with her and would rather spend more of their time on something else that wasn't her.

She knew that the people supporting her were too good to be true. They were liars, and they didn't like her one bit.

Her heart began to ache as she listened to the silent insults being thrown at her from all directions. It was killing her inside as her mind throbbed in pain, trying to ignore the words which were being absorbed into her body.

She wanted to forget.

Closing her eyes, it was like as if her pleas of wanting to forget were fulfilled. As she listened to the girl's cheering in front of her, she suddenly heard the sounds of wind brushing by where suddenly, pain was all she could feel as she snapped her eyes open to let scream of horrid pain erupt from her soul.

It hurts.

Like as if she was feeling like she was in a car crash, she tried to catch her breath before screaming as she felt hands open her wound. It was going deeper into her body, as she felt her body thrashing wildly as she tried to pry the hands away from her.
  Although she could move, she froze when she looked down to her chest - No wound and no hands... Nothing was touching her as she looked up to the girl smiling down at her.

"You will reborn into someone stronger... You will forget about him," the girl said before she vanished.

"There she lays. I must say her memories are indeed beautiful and delicious-smelling," the tallest then said before vanishing as well.

"She forgets! She forgets!" the short man chimed. He danced a little before his body fades into nothingness.

Slowly getting up, she felt nothing. She tried to reach to the sun that seemed like it was calling her where suddenly a chime called for her attention.

Her body turning to look behind her, she saw nothing. She then looked down to only widen her eyes as right below her were scattered tapes of what seemed to be pictures of her and her past.

Like a heavy force pushing her away, chains shot out from the sun and captured her as she tried to free herself. As if it was ripping her away from what's below her, she was engulfed into the sun and was put into a deep sleep where when she wakes up, she would be free from her nightmares.