Returning

You're Warm
Chapter 26: Returning 

It's been two months since that very incident and no one has seen Lucy, Natsu and Sakura. School hasn't been the same since they learnt details about that very day, and they didn't seem to accept the fact that Lucy had killed people during her time in the hospital.

No matter what excuse Erza, Gray, Levy, Sting and Rogue tried to reason with, they would always call them liars for siding with someone that had stained their hands with innocent blood.

"Are you really fine over there?" Takuto asked as he looked out of the window that he was leaning beside with a phone to his ear.

Hearing the person on the other side of the phone sigh, he adjusted himself against the wall where he eyed the crimson hair fluttering outside behind the cherry blossom tree. "I just cannot stand here and watch as my family and friends fall apart anymore... Lucy's known as a killer now, and I cannot handle hearing the names that they're calling her," Sakura's voice replied.

He watched as she revealed herself. Her eyes meeting his as the wind made her hair flutter and dance along the petals of the fallen blossoms, he couldn't believe that the beautiful girl out there was his. 

  As if time was repeating itself again, he couldn't help but smile when he compared the past to the present with each other. What was he thinking, bringing up such a bloody encounter he had with his mate?

"Takuto?"

He shook his head and waved to her where he watched her pouting lips pull up to give him a reassuring smile. "No matter what you decide on, I'll follow you forever," he replied.

Sakura felt her heart swell up in love as she gazed at his loving smile. Her hand reaching to her piercing where she released her magic, she changed into her kimono top and battle clothes where she turned and ran to her new destination.

It's been a while since she went to visit Lucy's house. It's been a while since she stood there at the front of Lucy's home... Pleading that the girl wasn't doing anything self-harming to herself.

"No matter what, I want to stop the people we all love and cherish from suffering," she whispered to herself as she jumped high into the air where she landed on Knight, her black wolf summoned from another dimension. 
Drancer, her other wolf, following closely behind, they all jumped from roof to roof towards Lucy's home silently.

They all knew what they were all going to see. Nothing.
  It was easy to expect since there was no life spotted anywhere within the house each time they came. Even if they were to enter, no one was seen walking in or out throughout the vast property.

Just where did everyone go? Just why was Lucy's home lacking the energetic life that every other family has?

Biting the bottom of her lips, she gently tugged on Knight's fur where he stopped jumping to land easily on a steep rooftop. "Is something to matter Sakura?" he asked where Drancer looked at his Alpha's tired state worried.

She hasn't been getting proper sleep since her discharge, and her tiredness as taking a huge toll on her body. Her eyes drooping as her body slouched forward, she looked out to a particular direction longingly with a sigh escaping through her lips.

"I want to go home..." she whispered where Drancer and Knight looked at each other in question.

"Uhm... Which home exactly?" Knight asked as he tried to look up to Sakura who was frowning slightly to her homesickness.

Drancer taking a step forward towards his Alpha, he raised his head in confusion. "You have like... Three places that you call home," he stated, making the crimson cross her arms childishly.