Adventure

Presently

"Peachy, come on walk faster, he going to be there first, and we are going to be scold," hurried LiQin as she sprinted across the courtyard. "I can't wait anymore, he will be arriving any moment now," so without waiting for Xiao Tao, she rushed forward and only stopped when she reached the last corridor. She tried to smooth out her clothes and tried to walk gracefully towards the main gate, trying her best to breathe normally but she was too late. Her efforts had turned into waste as he was already standing there, waiting for her. "You are late," he told her. She looked at his face and regretted her action immediately.

He was staring daggers at her. She opened her mouth and thought better, closed them again. She wanted to explain but thought better of it and decided to stick to the rules and tried to bow and greet him but she did not even get the chance as he was already walking away briskly.

"Forgive the Master, Mistress. He had a very long and bad day at the office," said Old Man Kang as he stopped behind the Master to talk to the Mistress.

From inside the house, the Master was already calling for the old man and he left quickly to attend to the master's needs.

"He sure is in a bad mood," said the lady as Xiao Tao arrived shortly later. She was grabbing on to LiQin's arm and wheezing right beside her. "Let's go in. We still haven't eaten yet," said LiQin to Xiao Tao who was still holding onto her. "We can go slowly. Jeez, Peachy you really have to work out more."

Xiao Tao really wanted to disagree but she does not have the breath to do it so she followed behind LiQin as they headed to the dining room.

When they arrived, LiQin only found the servants standing at the side as the food was laid on the table; steam was still rising from them but ZhenYu was nowhere to be seen.

"It's strange how he would miss breakfast?" thought LiQin. "He never skipped them, not once." She was curious about it and she turned towards YongKang, Old Man Kang's son. "Where is the Master?" she asked him.

"He went to the study since coming back. He had already informed us that he wouldn't be joining you for breakfast today," answered YongKang.

LiQin nodded, "I would like to eat without all of you watching," and she dismissed him and everyone else. And everyone left her alone except for Xiao Tao who LiQin insisted she stayed. When everyone had left, she dragged Xiao Tao to sit with her and they ate breakfast together. She had never been happier, and it resulted in her increased appetite and she had Xiao Tao refill her bowl thrice.

"It's annoying how they all stare at me when I ate," she told Xiao Tao as they ate. "It makes me nervous. And I have to eat in small bites as well. But the worse of all is that I had to eat with that sullen face."

Xia Tao laughed at her comment, "The Master does often look grumpy as if he was constipated."

"Yes, that the word," and they burst into tiny fits of laughter.

LiQin took the last stripe of carrot on the plate and ate it.

"Well, I am satisfied," said the girl finally.

"That took longer than I thought," said Xiao Tao who was waiting for the Mistress to finish up so she could clean-up. She had already finished ages ago and was pilling up the plates and bowls.

"Now that I had my fill, let's go for a walk," said LiQin.

"Where do you want to go? How about the garden? The flowers are beautiful. Let's go take a look," asked Xiao Tao and she looked at LiQin. The Mistress had a mischievous look on her face.

"I was thinking about something else," said LiQin.

"My answer is no," replied Xiao Tao instantly. "No, Mistress. If we got caught, I would be in deep trouble."