Medicine

It was chaos as, JinGe, LiRen, the staff from MingYan Teahouse escaped from the fiery platform with PangHai leading the way while an angry crowd was chasing after them.

The waiters and their boss threw away their fiery weapon and ran along the streets.

"We need to get away from here. Preferably somewhere they will never think about," said JinGe to the others. "We will need to stall some time until Doctor Yip could come out with the results of the medicine. Her medicine this time would surely work. I believe in it."

They all nodded.

"But where will we go?" asked Uncle Yang who although the oldest in the group seems to be quite fit, it was the waiters that looked pale and out of breath, even JinGe as well.

They were out of ideas and stared at JinGe.

"Hmm, I don't know but I got an idea. Let's just run randomly. So that they wouldn't be able to guess where we go. The three of you will decide our paths," stated JinGe while looking at the waiters.

"We can't," they said in synced.

"I am not very knowledgeable about the city. You guys should be able guide us better without driving us into a corner," mentioned JinGe.

"We will do it!"

And they began to lead the way.

"Here?"

"There."

"Turn left in this corner."

Under the dim city lights, they men lead them like rats, going through hidden paths that few used. Crossing alleyways and people's backyards. The people who were chasing them had dwindle due to their plan. It was working pretty well.

However, at the corner of JinGe's eyes, she caught sight of a silvery strand of hair. "JinGe," called out LiRen which snapped JinGe out of her trance.

"I am coming," replied JinGe as they continued, only pausing for a short pause, to regain their stamina when they suddenly bumped into Ah Zhong. As he emerged from the darkness, his menacing face with the eye patch scared the waiters.

"Who are you?!"

"Don't hit us."

But JinGe knew him and came forward.

"Are you hurt, DaJie?" asked the man when he saw JinGe.

"I am fine, but I can't say for any time longer. The citizens are chasing after us," said JinGe.

"Where are we going?" asked PangHai.

"To our hideout?" suggested Ah Zhong.

"No, that will bring harm to the others," said JinGe. "We can't go anywhere which is related to us."

"How about we go back to the temple?" asked LiRen. "My mother is making the medicine there, and if there was any person who could question it, she would be there to answer. She would be able to dispel the Taoist words."

"No, it might only worsen the situation as the people are not listening anymore to us or to any logic. They might rampage around the temple. It would affect the patients," replied JinGe worriedly.

"How about the city outpost on the city wall?" asked PangHai. "I know at this time. The men are changing shifts. I can use my authority as a guard, it would be easy for us to sneak in. No one would go there and dare to cause a scene."

JinGe thought for a while and agreed, "Okay, everyone there. Mister led the way."

PangHai was happy to be relied on and he ran in front bringing them to the city wall.