Lesson

As usual, she was beside her master, when he wasn't drunk, they usually spent their time together and right now, they were playing a game of Chinese chess, called Weichi. She was close to winning the game.

However, when it was her master's turn suddenly her master placed one piece of chess, and he said to her, "A battle is never won until someone loses. Even if everything seems to be in your favor with just one move, I could swoop all of them."

She looked at the place where he placed his chess piece and found that she had been surrounded whole. It was her loss.

He continued, "You have been led by the nose. From the start I have been luring your every move in order to defeat you as such."

JinGe nodded in response as she began collecting the pieces of chess in order to begin a new game. But her master seemed to have another idea and said to her, "Come along. I will teach you a technique."

She stopped what she was doing and went out with him.

They both stood outside of the house, and he said to her, "I have taught you how to cast rain that day, do you still remember?"

"Yes," she answered him.

"Cast it but this time directs it towards me," said JianYu.

"But then you would get wet," said JinGe.

"It's okay, I can cast a barrier on myself to block the rain," replied the man.

"Every time, Master told her to do something. It was always to teach her something," thought JinGe as she began casting the rain magic on JianYu.

.

And that day, the lesson she learned was not only the lesson she learned on the seventeen times seventeen board chess but also what she learned after that.

Finally, the day had come when she is forced to use the teaching which JianYu had taught her.

Her left index and middle finger were raised and in the air, she drew a box and said, "Barrier."

Immediately, a rectangular box materialized into the air and was forced in the way of XuJi. The threads that were aimed at JinGe were severed and fell onto the ground and those that were in the box we redirected back at XuJi.

The fine white threads were wrapped around the woman, and she writhed in pain before she realized she could undo the spell herself. She snapped her fingers, and the threads were released, however the poison she suffered had no antidote.

When her spell was undone, the barrier disappeared as well.

"The spell she had just performed was-How? You are just a human," asked XuJi who was filled with questions.

"I never said that I was a human. I just never used any magic," said JinGe.

"Why?" asked XuJi.

"To trap you, to lure you into casting magic and then I will reflect it back at you," said JinGe who was a little exhausted after performing the magic. That day, when JianYu taught her, all the rain she had made was all countered back at herself. She was thoroughly wet that day.

She could remember the words he told her that day.

"This magic could only be performed once as the next time, your enemy will know what you are up to and will never cast any magic against you," her master told her.

.

What wise words that JianYu told JinGe. Hiding a card behind her sleeve to trap her enemy. What do you think?