Dance

Along the busy streets, LiRen walked alongside JiuTian. They were walking around to find JinGe who did not come back the whole night. "Hey," said LiRen to the girl in front of him.

"Stop," but JiuTian ignored him.

Frustrated LiRen grabbed onto her hand which reflexively JiuTian countered by grabbing his hand, twisting it and bringing it behind, pressing her own hand against his back.

"Ow, oww," said LiRen. "Hey, let go."

"I am not called hey. I have a name. I am called JiuTian."

"JiuTian? JiuTian is a man," said LiRen annoyed. He was feeling cheated by the girl.

Suddenly JiuTian realized that she had forgotten to use her illusion. "No wonder, LiRen was acting obnoxious," she thought to herself while slowly letting him loose.

"I am him and he is I. We are one person," said JiuTian honestly.

It took LiRen a while to digest the information he had received and when he did, the first thought that ran through his head was of the incident that happened in the forest.

"He is cross-dressing then if she wasn't a boy then she is a girl? Then that... which means that she saw it instead of he saw it," thought LiRen who concluded that JiuTian had been cross dressing.

His face flushed a bright red colour and he turned around and embarrassingly asked JiuTian, "You are originally a girl?"

JiuTian nodded, and his face got even redder, "Oh the heavens. Why did he do that at that time? So stupid of him. If he had just controlled his temper."

The girl looked at LiRen. He was quite flustered, but what was it that he was flustered about? She was just a girl, does knowing her gender that important? And then she remembered about the incident in the forest where his pants fell off.

The corner of her mouth moved upwards, "This is fun." She felt like teasing him and nudged him on the shoulder.

"If you can't get married. I will take responsibility and marry you," teased JiuTian with a smile and slowly walked away while waving back at him.

LiRen was about to get mad, and he wanted to retaliate her comment, but he bumped into her instead when the girl suddenly stopped and blocked his way.

"JiuTian, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, walk normally, we are being supervise," she whispered to him. "Act normal."

LiRen followed her instructions and walked beside her, normally but he too could sense something was off.

Suddenly, their surrounding had gone all quiet, before they were still some people who was walking around them but now, as JiuTian noticed while pretending to talk with LiRen, "Are you hungry?" that there wasn't a single soul. The place had gone quiet, too quiet.

"When you mentioned about it, I think I feel a little hungry too," replied LiRen who was feeling a little nervous as well, but he tried his best to hide it and continued, "What do you want for breakfast?"

JinGe was proficient in magic and JiuTian was more on martial skills. She didn't learn how to control magic or its usage from a teacher like JinGe. The utmost she knew how to do was the illusion magic that hid her appearance.

However, even though her magic was weak, JiuTian could still sense the barrier that was set around them. It had isolated them.

"Maybe some meat buns," said JiuTian casually.

"Nah, too greasy in the morning," replied LiRen.

JiuTian was thinking. "LiRen is just a scholar. He knows nothing. They must be targeting me. But why?"