Happiness

A week has passed since their visit and ZhenYu had forgotten about JinGe, and his focus was fixated on LiQin. Their relationship was getting better after their visit to ZhenYu parent's home.

They are now able to hold a conversation during breakfast and dinner. And sometimes when ZhenYu was in his study, LiQin would visit him, taking along a sewing basket. She would sew while he reads. Although, whenever she was in the room, ZhenYu pretended to read because he found she was more amusing than the book he was reading. "One, two and three," thought ZhenYu. A small 'ouch' was heard from LiQin who was sewing. She kept getting her finger pricked every three stitches she made while sewing and it was still a mystery to him as to what she was sewing. The figure on the clothes does not resembles neither butterflies nor goldfishes.

ZhenYu would go to the forest and picks out fresh flowers for her everyday which he gave to LiQin whenever he came home from the office and they would walk together, arms linked and headed to the dining room. Sometimes, LiQin would smell the bunch of flowers she was holding in her hand and then she would sneak a few glances at ZhenYu. He would notice her stares and she would turned away shyly.

After dinner, they would walk around the garden, and she would sit in the swing while he pushed her. They would talk about various topics such as the problems he faced in work, the present they are going to prepare for ZhenPing's birthday which is coming soon and simple things.

She also noticed how he often walks, with his arm placed just above his waist, with his back straight and with an air of confidence but whenever he was with her, he is more relaxed, his shoulder would slump ever so slightly. Whenever she looked at him, he would look away with his ears turning red and whenever he is nervous, he would clasp his hands together without a hint shown on his face. He never told her his problems and would shoulder them alone.

"You should rely on me more even if I cannot do anything for you but at the least, I can lend you my ears," thought LiQin whenever he saw him in his study and doing that particular action as she passed by his study.

Ever since then, she would stay in his study every day and sat next to him.

Days passed and they were getting in sync with each other as well, without saying anything, LiQin would pass him paper when he ran out of it, find the book he wanted before he even demanded it, she would fill his cup when it was empty, and placed it at his right as she knows that he was left-handed. She also knew the clumsy man that he is. He often forgets the things he placed and how often he drops things on the floor.

In this period, she had known about most of his habits, and he knew about hers as well. He often noticed during their dinner that she disliked being watched and had dismissed the servants when they eat. He also knew that she dislikes eating fish. She never told him, but she must have been choked before by a fish bone because every time she ate fish, she would flatten it on the plate first and look for bones several times before eating it. Therefore, ZhenYu had ordered the chef to debone them before serving the fish.

He also noticed how she often bends down to look at him from below. It was a habit of hers, which Madam Wong had scolded her many times, but it never changed. Although, she seems weak, he also noticed that she had learned martial arts because he noticed the way she moved. There were never any wasted movement even when she walks or runs. LiQin also had a habit of smiling when she isn't feeling happy, whether she was angry or sad. She would give him a fake smile to cover it up.

To his new amazement, he learned a new thing about her every single day and just a few days ago, when he agreed Madam Wong's request of tailoring new sets of clothes for the mistress, he had a chance to discover another side of her.

ZhenYu accidentally passed by the room when the tailor bought the cloths over and he saw how she was acting like a child when she was choosing the cloth for her new robes and sashes.