Chapter 13

The group made it back to base and were thinking of a plan to get the sulfuric acid. Senku finally had the idea to make gas masks and oxygen tanks to combat against the bad air. He had Kaseki and Chrome make the gas masks.

“ Huh… Why aren't there three gas masks?” You asked

When Senku heard your question he felt very bad about not letting you go. He didn’t want to lose you if you do go but he also wanted to have a good memory of the two of you doing science. He didn’t want to break the news to you, but had to.

“ You're not coming, Y/N.” Senku said

You felt your heart drop to your feet. How could he not let you go?! You and Senku needed to go together! If you don’t go… you’ll lose Senku, forever.

“WHAT?! Y-YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO!!” You shouted and ran up to him and started punching his back in anger.

“Y/N, you're the only one who can help civilization get back on its feet. Plus Chrome is going with me so… if I don’t make it back you’ll have him. I mean who else is going to teach him science if we're both gone? I’m sorry… I want you to come bu-” Senku was cut off 

“Then let me go!! We can tell Chrome everything about science! What if both of you don’t make it out?! I-I can’t do this without you Senku.” you sobbed while talking.

Senku’s heart was hurting seeing you cry. He never wanted to see you cry after him telling you about his revival and seeing you cry over him just hurt him more. He wanted to leave you something if he didn’t come back, a longing hug.

“I want you to come Y/N...but I can’t risk losing you. That’s why you need to stay.” he finished, let you go and went back to Chrome and Kaseki.

“I’m guessing she didn’t take it well?” Chrome asked

Senku nodded with a melancholic face on him.

“Poor girl…” Kaseki said 

“Let's get back to work.” Senku said

Later that day…

Senku and Chrome were getting ready to fetch some acid. You were watching from the science hut. You couldn’t bear to see them walk away so closely but did watch from afar. You noticed Senku looking around for you in the crowd but he never saw you, he thought that you were mad at him and you didn’t want to see his face. They walked away and the crowd started to disperse and went inside the hut again.  You didn’t believe in God but you started praying, hoping they would come back with the acid and come back in one piece. 

Kaseki’s POV 

Ginro looks very gloomy over there. I know he wanted to go with Senku and Chrome but his fears had overcome him again. I grabbed some spare parts for the gas mask and start making one. 

“Ginro, come here boy.” I said 

He came and pat the spot next to me and sat down.

“ I know that you wanted to go with them but your fear got the best of you. You know that no one is immune of fear, not even Kinro. Senku and Chrome are risking their lives but they’re scared to hell! It’s good to face your fears because it’s what keeps humans alive. Oops! I accidentally made an extra mask, I’ll just leave this here then!”

I put the mask in front of  him and walked off. I turned around and he was gone, and so was the mask. 

3rd person POV

We find Chrome and Senku collecting Sulfuric acid. A bubble had accidently made a hole on Senku's tube. Chrome noticed this right away and Senku patched it up with some tape. Trying to get closer to Senku, Chrome took a misstep and slipped on some falling rocks making him fall where the acid was right under him. Was this it for Chrome?! Just in time, Ginro came, grabbed the silver spear and lunged it to Chrome for him to grab on. Chrome grabbed on and with the manpower of Ginro and Senku, all three of them made it back on land.

“Ginro.. You just saved my life! T-thank you!” Chrome said with glee, happy to be alive. 

Ginro was happy to save Chrome’s life and to overcome his fear and with that. The trio can go back to base with some retrieved Sulfuric acid.

Hello my Bubble Babes! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Idk why but I hate reading angst but I love writing it, its madness! I'll be taking a short break for my mental health and some other ideas for this story! I'll be back next Friday with a better mind and a chapter full of fluff with you and Senku!

Until then... Have a good day or night Bubble Babes! I'll see y'all on Friday!

Bubble-chan out!!