Good Coffee, Old Friends.

Kaneki and Uta sat across from one another enjoying a good cup of coffee. The coffee wasn't anywhere near as good as what old man Kuzen made, but it was better then the miserable stuff that was available to the UA faculty. Kaneki had just spent the past hour and a half bringing Uta up to speed on the state of this world and how it worked. The mask maker had, for the first time been stunned into silence.

"How are things back over there?" Kaneki asked.

"I'm afraid it's not very good." Uta replied. "The remaining members of GOAT teamed up with the CCG have declared war against Naki and the White Coats."

"So that bastard still lives."

"Unfortunately he does, though hopefully for not much longer. Tsukiyama has surprisingly dedicated his entire existence into killing him."

The pair fell silent for several minutes before Uta asked a question.

"My Lord, are you sure that there are Ghouls in this timeline?"

"I'm certain of it. Occasionally when I've taken Small One out to hunt with me I've noticed half eaten corpses just left behind. I asked Nezu wether there existed Quirks that required you to eat a corpse and the short answer was no."

Uta nodded and once more they fell into silence. Kaneki looked over his old friend and a felt a spark of pity in his chest. Uta was obviously exhausted, but there was also a heavy sadness in those eyes of his.

"Uta..." Kaneki began. "What happened to Yomo?"

"Killed by Three Blades." Uta placed his head into his hands and began to sob."Both Itori and Yomo were sent deep within enemy lines to gather intelligence when they encountered Three Blades. The bitch killed the pair of them without hesitation. I have no one left. All of the Clowns are dead and now are so are my only friends."

"No Face." Kaneki said sternly.

Uta stopped sobbing and looked up at his King, surprised by the sudden usage of his code name.

"Your friends may be dead, but sitting here crying about it isn't going to change it. So harden up and move on. Our world is toast,  this one isn't. We need you Uta. This world needs your help. So now I ask you, what are you going to do? Are you going to let the death of your loved ones break you or are you going to live on and keep fighting in their names?" Kaneki dammed, standing up out of his seat.

Uta stared at Kaneki for several minutes before stepping out of his chair. He then bowed down onto one knee and placed his arms on either side of his chest.

"My Lord, I apologise for my behaviour. I swear to you that I will fight by your side until I draw my last breath. I will not let Yomo's and Itori's deaths be for nothing."

____________________________________________

Aizawa was watching over Kaminari whilst he waited for Kaneki to return. The Ghoul had left a little while over three hours now and Aizawa was slightly worried. Usually the psychopath would have been back already.

'Did he get into a fight that he couldn't win and is now bleeding out?' Part of Aizawa wondered. He quickly shot that thought down. No that would not be the case. Kaneki was the strongest person Aizawa has ever met. That man fought against the number one hero and won, breaking the man's knee in the process. It was quite likely that he had got involved in a villain attack and was helping deal with the aftermath. It has happened before.

'What's the bet he found some whore to screw and is just having a good time?' Jealousy flooded through Aizawa at the thought of it, which he quickly shook off. Why did he get jealous at the mere thought of that? It wasn't his business who the Ghoul fucked and who he didn't.

".... So you suspect that this .... Vlad King .... is one of us?" An unfamiliar voice asked and two pairs of footsteps approached the room where Aizawa and Kaminari was in.

"I'm pretty sure he is. I've never seen him eat and plus he smells like you." Another voice replied.

'Okay. That is definitely Kaneki.' Aizawa thought. 'So who on earth is the second person?'

Aizawa exited the room of the slumbering child. In the middle of the hallway Kaneki was supporting a heavily tattooed man who could barley stand up straight.

"So you've returned." Aizawa said shortly.

"Of course I did?" Kaneki replied, confused.

"So who is this then?"

"This is Uta. He is an old friend from my world, somehow he ended up here same as me."

"Hello." The man -Uta- said with a wave before passing out.

"A friend. Right." Aizawa said, not quite believing him. "Well, since you are here now I guess I can take my leave now. I don't won't to be an... Obstruction between you and your friend."

And with that the Erasure Hero stormed past Kaneki and his friend, slamming the door on the way out.

"What was that about?" Kaneki asked to no one in particular.