The Revolution.

Aizawa groaned as he opened his eyes. His head hurt like hell, his mouth was dry and there was an ache coming from his left leg.

'This is not my house.' Aizawa realised as he looked around. "Why does everything hurt so damn much?" He mumbled under his breath, and slowly rose to a sitting position. Images flashed through Aizawa's mind and he suddenly recalled what happened. The Ghouls and dozens of Nomu descended into the pro-heros in the arena, however other pro-heros such as Endeavour sided with the Ghouls. Then a massive explosion hit the announcers box that he and Hizashi were in.

"Hizashi." Aizawa whispered hoping that what he was remembering was false. There was no way the cockatoo was dead.

The door creaked open and Aizawa bolted right up, turning to face it. Kaneki stood at the doorway with a fresh mug of coffee in his hand, and a grim look on his face. The Ghoul silently walked over, placed the mug on the bedside table and then did something strange. He got down on his knees and then lowered himself until his forehead was on the ground.

"I'm sorry." Kaneki said softly.

Aizawa felt his heart shatter into a million pieces and he collapsed on himself, crying. First it was Shirakuma and now Hizashi. Why did everyone he love have to die?

He felt a set of arms wrap around him and he leaned into the body heat and continued to sob. Aizawa did not know how long he cried for, but by the time he let go of Kaneki the light filtering through the window had diluted.

"Do you want some space?" Kaneki asked whilst stroking the side of his head.

"No. No, I can't handle being alone at the moment." Aizawa replied and leaned back into Kaneki.

"Very well. I'll be here for as long as you need me."

"T-thank you."

The pair set in silence for several minutes before Aizawa spoke. "So.. what exactly happened?"

"Do you remember when Nezu spoke to me after I was arrested?" Kaneki asked.

"Yes."

"Well, the pair of us talked for quite sometime and eventually we stumbled onto the topic of what was wrong with the world. Together we determined it was the current hero system. Once upon a time it was a good system, but now people are just given the title of hero because of a fancy Quirk. Those with less.. beautiful and tasteful Quirks are rudely shoved into the shadows and forgotten about. So together Nezu and I devised a plan to fix it and ployed a Revolution. Turning the kids into Ghouls was the first part of the plan, yes they were made aware of that in private as Nezu was suspicious of people watching on. The second part of the plan was obtaining founds and manpower, which is where my odd questions and nightly walking comes into play. On my nightly trips I recruited Hawks, Miruko, Edgeshot, Giran, Dabi, Himiko Toga, Stain as well as the League of Villains after I delt with their leader. Then we needed to make our move. A move that would take down a major part of the system and hopefully All Might. We achieved both."

Silence settled over the pair of them once more, only to be broken by a weak chuckle by Aizawa. "You've only been in this world for a couple months, but you plotted a rebellion."

"Believe it or not, but this is not my first rebellion."

"If it's not the first then what is it?"

"My second."

"I need to piss." Aizawa said suddenly, once again breaking the silence.

Kaneki untangled himself from the man and went to pick him up but Aizawa argued. "I can do it myself. I'm just tired and sad. I'm not a cripple."

A look of sadness once again crossed Kaneki's face and he pulled back the bedding. Aizawa couldn't believe his eyes. His right leg was fine, it had a few bruises as well as a couple of bloodstains but that's about it. However, his left leg ended mid-thigh.

"I'm sorry." Kaneki apologised. "We had no choice aside from amputation."

A couple hours later, the pair of them were drifting off to sleep, Aizawa held protectively in Kaneki's arms.

"Kaneki." Aizawa began.

"Yes?" Kaneki asked.

"C-can you promise me t-that.. that you won't die on me and leave me alone?"

"I promise you Aizawa, I will not die. I will be with you for as long as you need me, no matter what."

Aizawa then finally fell asleep, his chest buzzing positively.