Chapter 8

We've been at the hospital for hours, just sitting in the waiting room. No one has come out to tell us about Kassie's condition yet, and Oliver hasn't been able to sit down. He keeps pacing back and forth. Nick and I shouldn't even be in a hospital with our background, but hopefully, we don't have to say too long. The wrong people can see us at any time.

A doctor walks out to Oliver, and I try to listen in on their conversation but I can't hear much. All I heard was, 'They were alone.' and 'a week.'

Oliver finally sat down, Valentina sat next to him. Something feels off about her, I don't know what it is yet, but she doesn't need to sit next to Oli in the meantime.

I get up and sit on the other side of them.

"How is she?"

He sighs, "She's fine, they're both are."

I forgot about the other girl, Madalyn.

"Well, what'd the doctor say?"

"He was wondering how they got like that. So I made up a lie for them and told him they ran away and were alone for a while, then he said they'd have to be here for a week."

"A week? We can't stay here for a week, we'd get arrested if anyone realized who we were."

"It's ok, we can go get a change of clothes and hoodies to hide our face," Val steps in.

I roll my eyes, her British accent is annoying.

"With what money?" I asked her.

She reaches into her pocket and pulls out cash.

"I took it from Samuel," she smirks.

"The three of you go, I'm going to go see my sister. Just bring me back whatever fits."

Nick, Val, and I go to the car. Nick drives us to the closest clothing store.

"Only one of us needs to go in, Val since you have the money you go. Just be fast, you have fifteen minutes." Nick tells her.

"Aye aye captain," she salutes my brother and gets out of the car.

I watch her strut away, not walk, strut.

"I don't trust her," I say to Nick.

"What's not to trust? She helped get Oliver's sister and she's buying us new stuff so we can stay somewhat hidden."

"I know, but something seems off about her. I mean did you see her strut? Who struts out of the car?"

"Seriously Mallory."

"Whatever I'm just being cautious," I hold my hands up in surrender.

A few minutes pass by and I look out the window. I notice Valentina isn't strutting, she running and a man chasing not far behind her.

"Start the car Nick."

"What?"

"Start the damn car!"

He starts the car and Val quickly opens and closes the door.

"Hurry and go!" She yells.

The man is yelling but we can't hear what he's saying with the windows up.

I turn back facing Val, "Why was he chasing you?"

Valentina reaches in the bag and pulls out a wallet, "We need more money don't we?"

"Yes, but we don't need anyone on our asses," I sigh.

"As much as I want to tell Mal to shut up she's right, While Kassie and Madalyn are in the hospital we need to keep a low profile," Nick mentioned.

I really hope Val is trustworthy.

We drove back to the hospital in silence. Once we got there we all took turns changing in the bathroom.

We're all in the waiting room, the doctor told us we could leave and come back tomorrow, but we honestly have nowhere to go at the moment. Well, we do have other houses to go to that my Father owns, but I feel like that's a dumb move.

"Hey Mal," Oliver sat by me, "Where do we go when we have to take them 'home'?"

"I don't know Oli, we'll discuss that tomorrow it's late."

"Oli?"

"Your name is too long."

He chuckled.

I pull my hood over my head and drift off to sleep.

I wake up to my head being moved around, I look up and see Oliver.

"Sorry I was going to the bathroom, I tried not to wake you," he rubs the back of his neck.

"You're good, any word from the doctor?" I ask.

"No, I was going to check on Kassie after I used the bathroom."

"Oh ok, do you know what room Madalyn is in?"

"Yeah 112."

"Thank you."

I get up and walk toward the elevator. I head up to the second floor, I want to know why Samuel had her, and who she is exactly.

I walk down the halls looking at every room number until I get to room 112. I knock on the door and no one says anything. I quietly turn the door handle and walk into the room. Madalyn is awake, she turns her head to me and gestures for me to come over.

"Hi," she says with her voice slightly stained.

"Hi, it's Madalyn right?"

"Yeah."

She was really skinny.

"How long were you there for?"

"A year," she replied.

Her lips were really pale, I can tell she's really sick. She has bruises and scars everywhere. She also looks like all she does is cry. Her wrists have rope burns on them, Madalyn has really been through it. Samuel showed her no mercy whatsoever.

"It's rude to stare." She slightly raised her eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I'm kidding, it's ok."

I sit in the chair near her bed.

"Can I ask you some questions?"

"Sure," She looks confused.

"Why did Samuel have you, and what'd he want from you?"

"That's a long story, but we have all day," she sighs.

I'm sorry I took forever to upload again I've been like sad or wtv lol but more chapters coming soon I promise. follow my TikTok if you don't already @/_ljwrite :)

Also, let me know what you guys think about Valentina.