Chapter 14

I slip on the black jumpsuit, and there's also an earpiece that I put on

   I slip on the black jumpsuit, and there's also an earpiece that I put on. Just as I'm walking out of the room I come face to face with Dallas.

"Come on the training room is this way," she sighs.

I can tell she has some sort of resentment against me. I don't know why, she barely knows me. At least I have reasons for not liking her. Like the fact that she works for my Father, where did she even come from? We continue taking turns down the halls until we finally get to the training room where everyone is, and I mean everyone: Blake, Oliver, Nick, Jackson, Ryland, Kassie, my Father, Madalyn, Valentina, including me and Dallas.

"Well now that everyone is here, Jackson will explain the mission you all will leave by noon," And my Dad walks out.

As Jackson gets ready to explain I wander over to Oliver.

"What are you and your sister doing her?" I whisper.

"Tristen—uh Mr.Kane wants us on the mission with y'all."

I nod, "Just call him Tristen."

"Ok," Jackson claps his hands. "The mission we're going on is to retrieve the twins Esmeray and Easton Kane, the youngest of Mr. Kanes kids."

More siblings?

"They're somewhere in a warehouse in Texas, Ryland has the coordinates we will be going to later. In the meantime, we have four hours to train, eat, etcetera."

I continue talking to Oliver, "Do you know how to throw a knife?"

"Maybe."

I hand him a knife from the weapon cabinet, "Here let me see you throw it."

I cross my arms as I watch him prepare to throw the knife at the dummy.

His stance is incorrect. He throws the knife and it hits the dummy, but it doesn't go in.

I go to pick up the knife, "Well...not bad but could be better. Watch."

I fix myself to stand comfortably, I grab the knife at the blade careful to not cut myself and I throw it. It lands perfectly in the chest of the dummy.

"See, now you try again." I hand Oliver the knife.

His stance is stiff.

"No, loosen up." I smile. "Here hold the blade but not too hard. You don't want to cut yourself."

I put my foot in between his feet gently kicking them apart. He throws the knife and it hits the dummy in its stomach.

"See better, probably wouldn't kill someone but better."

"I've never killed anyone," he says with fear.

"Don't worry, you won't have to."

I'll make sure of that.

***

We board the jet, I sit by Madalyn because I have questions and obviously she knows more. Kassie also sits beside me just...staring.

"Yes," I say.

"Your Dad is cool, I thought he was gonna kill Oliver and me. Instead, he offered us to work for him, I also didn't know he had a je—"

"Stop," I interrupt her. "He's not 'cool' you don't know how he is."

I stop talking to her and revert my attention to Madalyn.

"Can I ask you about the twins?"

"What do you want to know?"

"What's their names again? Where's their mom? Is she dead like ours?"

"Esmeray and Easton, Esmeray being the older twin. And their mom is very much alive."

"What—how?"

"She got away I guess."

She did not get away, no one ever gets away from Tristen Kane. He let her go, but why? I move next to Jackson and Dallas, if I'm going to be here I'm asking every question I have.

"So why do we have to exactly retrieve the twins?"

Jackson gives me some papers about the mission, "Well they got sent on this exact mission except they got caught, it was pretty dumb for Tristen to send two sixteen-year-olds alone on a mission."

Dallas throws her hands up, "Hey! I'm sixteen."

We ignore Dallas.

***

"Is everyone's earpiece in?" Jackson asks.

We nod.

"Alright as soon as we split up, turn them on. Now, Nick and Madalyn are with me. Dallas, Oliver, and Ryland together. Lastly Blake, Kassie, and Mallory together."

Just my luck huh.

Ok chapter 15 will either be out in a few hours or around 10 pm pacific time. Follow my tiktok for character introductions @ _ljwrite