Chapter 9

Her story matches mine.

Her father sent her on a mission that she didn't complete, he gave her to Samuel and treated her like collateral damage. She was with him for two years, I'm surprised she's not dead, she was on the verge of it.

I let out a breath, "Your story matches mine very well."

"The whole raised assassin? Well of course it does," She chuckles coughing as she does.

"What do you mean 'well of course'?"

"Tristen Kane, He's my dad. Before you ask how I know for sure, I use to see pictures of you and our brother in his office. I never figured out your guys' names."

A sister?

"How old are you?" I bring myself closer to her studying our similarities.

"Twenty."

She's three years older than me. She was with Samuel since she was 18, two years ago I was right where she was. My father got me back, to think he could have got her back at the same time.

"Where are you going?" She speaks as I walk out of the hospital room.

I go back to the first floor in the waiting room. I sit in a seat further from the others who are still sleeping. I pull my hood over my head and rest my face in my hands putting my legs in a criss-cross position.

A f*cking sister. Is that what he does when he goes out of town, knocking up other women? Is there more? I have so many questions that I need answers to. I'll sleep on it.

***

I wake up to a phone ringing. I rub my eyes making the blurry vision clear. I get up walking to the others. It's Nick's phone that's ringing. I shake him to wake him up.

"Your phone is ringing."

He reaches in his pulling it out.

"It's Dad."

He answers it not putting the phone on speaker.

He says words consisting of What, how, and a few hums in response. He hangs up the phone placing it back in his pocket.

Nick looks at me with a concerned expression, "She's our sister. Dad says Madalyn is our sister."

"I know," I say. "I was going to explain when you woke up, but I guess that's out the window."

Valentina and Oliver start slowly waking up.

Oliver goes to Kassie's room and Val comes to us.

"I just got a text, it's done." She smiles.

"What's done?" Nick ask.

Val continues, "The house, I know people and I got us somewhere to stay for a while. It has everything we need. We can stay there and then bring the girls there when they get discharged."

Nick and I look at each other than nod our heads. The two head to the car and I go to get Oliver.

I knock on Kassie's room door.

"Come in," a Voice says.

I enter the room waving at Kassie. I tell Oliver the same thing Val told Nick and me.

"I think I'll just stay with-"

Kassie cuts him off, "Go Oliver I'll be fine. Just come get me when it's time."

Oliver pauses not knowing what to say. He then nods and kisses his sister on her forehead.

"See you soon," Kassie smiles.

We smile back and close the door.

"I'm going to kill him."

I pick up my pace catching up to Oliver, "I know, but we have to get them better first."

He stays silent the rest of the way heading to the car.

Valentina drives us to the house. From the outside, it looks like a normal 2-story family home.

We get out of the car entering the home getting comfortable, well as comfortable as we can.

"We all need phones, not just Nick and me," Val says.

"I agree." I clear my throat.

"Good I'll get on that now."

This chapter is a filler chapter so the next chapter will be longer and have more drama. Vote and follow my tik tok for updates @/_ljwrites :))