Chapter 8 {Edited}

"That looks like a shirt." Leona deadpanned staring at a dress that Isabelle held up to her. Isabelle scoffed before throwing the dress on her bed, the material landing on Leona, the girl lying down.

"You're saying no to everything I pick." Isabelle glowered at the brunette.

"Everything you pick looks like a shirt." Leona retorted.

"You'll look pretty." Isabelle huffed at the girl, looking at her pointedly. "Don't you want to look pretty?"

"It's late at night," Leona told her, intertwining her hands on her stomach. "I am not freezing my ass off for fashion."

Isabelle sent the girl a glare as they heard a knock on the door, halting their bickering. The girls turned their heads to see Clary walk in. "Jace said you wanted to see me."

Leona sat up in glee. "See now Clary's here. Why don't you help her?"

Isabelle threw a shoe at the brunette, who ducked with ease expecting the reaction. "You're not getting out of this easy," Isabelle warned her before turning to Clary with a sweet smile, the opposite expression compared to what Leona was getting.

"That's right," Isabelle answered the redhead as she hung a dress back in her closet. "What are you wearing to the Downworlder party tonight?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking about wearing this." Clary said looking at the girls as she gestured to the clothes already on her.

Leona shook her head in denial. "Nope, no can do Clare." The nickname came out naturally and Leona never even realized she said it.

Clary smiled at the name. The redhead and Leona had gotten off to a love-hate start, Leona snapping at her while Clary showed her lots of attitude. Clary was glad that Leona was starting to like her.

"L's right," Isabelle said with a slight chuckle. "No Downworlder would be caught dead in that." Clary glanced down at her outfit. "Plus, it's a party, not a poetry slam."

Isabelle eyed Clary's figure quickly before she began to rummage through all the dresses on her bed, lightly slapping Leona's legs to get them out of the way.

"Well, I don't really have any party clothes with me so..." Clary started but trailed off as Isabelle held up a pink dress with sparkles and fur to her body.

"That's why you'll have to wear mine, hmm?" Isabelle smiled at the redhead, before handing Clary the dress to hold.

"You realize one of these days you're gonna have to tell me where and when." Clary chuckled looking at Isabelle before turning her head to Leona.

"Where and when what?" Isabelle asked as she swung a feather boa around Clary. The redhead giggled at the gesture making Leona smile. She was glad Clary was starting to relax and feel comfortable with them, she's had a tough couple of days.

"Where you got your spending money and when are you letting me go to the store." Clary eyed the pink dress in her hands before throwing it on the bed.

"Idris. Home of the Shadowhunters and their fashionable clothes." Leona informed the girl when Isabelle failed to answer, the latter busy looking through her closet. "But I used to get my clothes the same way you did."

Clary looked at Leona in curiosity.

The girl's lips curved upwards. "My mother is mundane, so I grew up kind of like you did."

Clary looked at the girl in shock. "Your mother's mundane?"

Leona let out a small laugh. "Now she is, but she was a Shadowhunter then she married my mundane father. If a Shadowhunter marries a mundane, they'd have to give up the Shadow World." The brunette explained to her.