Chapter 72

"Magnus is the guy you know?" Leona's eyebrows raised in surprise as Camille knocked on the warlock's apartment door. Isabelle, Clary, and Simon all shared the same looks of surprise at the vampire and warlock's connection.

"Unfortunately yes," Magnus said hearing Leona's question as he opened his door, eyeing Camille in distaste, before letting everyone in.

"So, Magnus, how long has it been? One hundred? One hundred fifty years?" Camille said as she walked through Magnus' like she owned the place.

"One hundred and thirty-eight. Oddly, I haven't missed you." Magnus said passively aggressively.

Leona and Isabelle eyed each other, silently gossiping through their eyes at the vampire and warlock's exchange.

"Of course, you have, my love." Camille turned around to face Magnus, the two eye to eye.

"All right, you two can catch up later," Clary spoke up, stopping Camille and Magnus' stare down. "Right now, we need to find the Book of the White."

Camille turned her head to address Clary. "And you will, but not without payment." She looked back at Magnus. "You of all people should understand that."

"Of course," Magnus answered shortly. "And what is it you require?"

"A clean slate," Camille announced. Leona scoffed at what they were about to ask Magnus to do, hating that they had no other choice.

"She wants a Writ of Turning-Me-Into-A-Vampire," Simon informed Magnus.

"And we need you to draft it," Clary added.

"Leona, judging by your reaction I'm guessing I don't have a choice," Magnus asked his friend after hearing her reaction, the warlock not taking his eyes off of Camille.

Leona sighed. "No, no you don't."

Camille smirked as Magnus smiled at her bitterly, "Hmm. I thought I was done with you."

"We'll never be done with each other." The vampire chuckled.

Leona felt Isabelle tap her causing her to turn her head with a hum.

"I'm gonna go call for backup, I'll be back in a second," Isabelle informed her friend who nodded at her words.

"Let me know if you need anything," Leona told her before Isabelle left the room.

"Simon can I talk to you for a minute." Leona heard Clary ask her friend causing Leona to snap her head towards the friends.

"Please don't leave me here with them," Leona pleaded as Clary sent her an apologetic glance. Leona groaned before nodding, letting Simon and Clary go into another room alone, leaving her with Magnus and Camille.

Magnus glanced at Leona before snapping a cocktail glass into his hands and handed it over to her. Leona sent him a half smile as she took a sip, not really in the mood for drinking but not wanting to involve herself with whatever he and Camille had going on.

Leona watched with intrigue as Magnus took a paper and began to use his magic to create the Writ, a blue shadow blooming underneath his hand. The Shadowhunter glanced around the room for a moment, her back leaning up against the wall. She took another small sip of her drink when she saw Camille walk over to the warlock.

"You're still upset by my dalliance with that short-lived Russian?" She saw Camille ask Magnus.

"Upset? No. I gave up feeling anything for you over a century ago." Magnus told her causing Leona to choke on her drink and let out a cough. Leona looked up wide-eyed as she felt Magnus and Camille's eyes on her. She quickly put her glass down on the nearest counter.