Chapter 9 {Edited}

Goosebumps from the night breeze appeared on Leona's arms as she, Jace, and Clary began to walk through the line in front of the Pandemonium. The place was unsurprisingly packed, making it easier for the group to blend in but made it harder to ensure that nothing went wrong.

Jace looked at the brunette next to him. "Are you really that cold? Do you want my jacket?" Jace asked in concern.

Leona smiled at the gesture but shook her head. "I'll be fine, you know I get cold quickly. It'll wear off."

Clary looked at the bright neon lights, shining the club's name. "Are you coming with us to talk to Magnus?"

"Oh no, you guys requested for him to meet you both alone. If I go with you, he might get hesitant." Leona told the girl. "I'll be by the bar scanning the area."

Clary nodded as Jace spoke up. "Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter."

"Are you guys sure this is a good idea?" The redhead asked the two Shadowhunters near her. "Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." The three stopped walking as they waited in line.

"Relax, all Downworlders hang out here," Jace said to Clary without a worry. "We just came on vampire night."

"Right," Clary replied in slight disbelief. "And when is all of this gonna sound normal to me?"

"I don't know." Jace shook his head at the girl.

Leona could tell the redhead was still feeling uneasy and squeezed her arm. "Nothing's going to happen." Clary smiled at Leona's effort to comfort her.

Leona and Jace turned to look behind them when they heard footsteps approaching. Isabelle grinned at her friend as she and Alec walked up to stand behind them.

"All clear." Leona heard Alec tell Jace. Leona stopped herself from turning to look at the Lightwood, unsure if they were okay after their awkward talk in the weapons room.

She shook her head, removing the thought. She had more important things to think about at the moment.

Isabelle hummed looking at Leona up and down. "I did a good job." Beside her, Leona could hear Jace chuckle. "Yeah, this is the best she's looked since we've met her."

Leona scoffed, pushing the blonde but the latter barely moved. "Dick." Jace only laughed, unbothered.

Isabelle grinned before walking next to Clary, hooking arms with her. "Do you think red's my color?"

"Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color," Clary told the girl with admiration.

Lena nodded at her words. "But you already know that. You're just looking for some compliments." Leona teased her friend.

"What can I say, I look so good it deserves to be recognized." Isabelle winked at Leona. The brunette shook her head with a smile.

"Damn, I make this necklace look good," Isabelle said looking down at the necklace sitting perfectly around her neck.

"Will you take it off?" Alec slightly scolded his sister from behind her. "I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange."

Leona huffed at the Lightwood's unfriendly demeanor. They were only joking around a little while they waited to get inside.

"You know, I wouldn't be so sure," Isabelle purred with a sneaky smile. Leona turned to look at the girl in confusion. "Most men like it when I admire their jewels."

Jace and Leona shared a glance before the two bursted out laughing, Clary also letting out a small laugh at Isabelle's words.

Alec hummed unfazed at his sister's words. "Can you just give it to Jace?" Isabelle and Clary giggled as the Lightwood girl took the necklace off, passing it to Jace. "You're such a buzzkill."