Chapter 18 {Edited}

Thankfully with the power of the speed rune, it only took Leona five minutes to get herself to Magnus' and she quickly walked to the front door, about to knock when the door swiftly opened.

"Ah, there you are Leona." Magnus quickly greeted the girl before pulling her into his apartment.

Leona let out a yelp and looked at him in confusion. "How did you—"

"Felt your presence with my magic." Magnus smiled at her hurriedly before pushing her further into the room. "Now please do come in, Clary's tense aura isn't helping me with this cure."

As Leona walked into the room, it was more obvious that the warlock was brewing up something powerful. Potions and herps laid across a table while a pot with bubbling noises took up most of her attention.

Leona raised her eyebrows in both surprise and awe, she had never seen a warlock's creation in action. The brunette's attention was shifted when she suddenly heard a voice, Luke cry out in agony.

"Jocelyn! No, don't...don't." Luke cried out from the couch. Leona gasped in surprise as Clary came into her view, crouching by the werewolf who laid on the couch.

"Luke, I'm here." Clary tried soothing the man.

Magnus sent Leona a glance before crouching down next to the redhead. Leona walked towards Clary softy pulling her back so Magnus could take over.

"Let me take your pain away," Magnus told Luke when the man protested.  Clary quickly looked back, visibly relaxing when she saw Leona.

Leona sent her a soft smile, taking the redhead's hand to squeeze it. They both shifted their attention toward Magnus. "Agitation only makes the venom work faster."

"Venom," Leona mumbled, grasping the situation and catching Clary's attention. "He's hallucinating."

Clary nodded at the brunette's words.

"He's been like that for a while," Clary said in distress. Leona placed her hand on Clary's arm, rubbing it in comfort; trying to calm the girl down. "He's been going in and out of it."

"I need to tell Clary." Luke rasped out, sending the girls' attention back to him.

"Save your strength," Clary told the man from beside Leona. The redhead didn't want to move from the one person in the room who could keep her calm and rational.

"No, you need to know. No, please." Luke said, gritting his teeth in pain. Leona bit her lip in worry. The man wasn't looking good, and she was worried about what that meant.

"Magnus." Leona softly called the warlock as she glanced at Clary, the redhead on the same page with a nod.

The warlock looked at the redhead who nodded in agreement. "Do it."

Just as Magnus was about to summon his magic, the werewolf groaned out. "You need to tell her, all of it." He let out a slight cry of pain. "Promise me." Magnus nodded before snapping his fingers, a blue mist appearing to do its job.

Leona put her hand up to her mouth, her thump on her lip, her eyebrows folded in worry as Luke continued to groan out in pain. "The poison is spreading," Magnus said as he concentrated on using his magic.

"Your suitors need to hurry." Leona resisted the urge to chuckle, the timing being highly inappropriate, but she didn't have to think much to know who Magnus was referring to.

"Shit," Leona cursed as she and Clary watched with unease.

~~~~

Leona let out a sigh of relief when Luke finally fell asleep, either from the pain being too much or Magnus' magic working, she didn't know. Clary suddenly walked away from the couch, leaning against one of Magnus' tables.  Magnus and Leona exchanged a glance before following her.