Chapter 21 {Edited}

After dropping the youngest Lightwood back to his room, Leona met up with Alec, whom she was still not properly talking to, and Isabelle who explained her text and caught her up to speed on what they had found out.

They were now closer than ever to ending this war amongst Shadowhunters against Valentine once and for all. All they had to do was get the cup – Leona hoped the task was as easy as it sounded.

Leona, Isabelle, and Alec now stood in front of the police station when they saw Jace and Clary walking toward them.

"Someone called for backup?" Isabelle asked the duo.

"Yeah. What took you guys so long?" Jace asked, looking at the three.

"Funny." Alec deadpanned. "I was gonna ask you the same thing."

"It's complicated," Jace told him.

Leona raised her eyebrow. "NYPD complicated?"

"We found the cup," Clary announced.

Leona looked at the girl in surprise. "The cup?"

"The cup?" Isabelle questioned again with disbelief.

"Yeah, but then we lost it," Clary said with a sigh.

"You lost the cup?" Leona exclaimed in surprise.

"We have to sneak back into the precinct to get it," Clary told the girl trying to calm her down.

Alec sighed from beside Leona. "This is a disaster." The Lightwood crossed his arms against his chest.

"Hey, demon pox is a disaster." Jace retorted. "This is an inconvenience. We just need a plan, that's all."

"What about a glamour?" Isabelle suggested.

"We tried that," Jace said. "Anyone working with Valentine will see right through it."

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary asked the Shadowhunters as she looked around.

"No," Alec said shortly causing Leona to shake her head with a sigh.

"That'd be awkward," Isabelle added, turning her head before gasping and looking at her older brother. Leona facepalmed at her friend's behavior while Jace looked at them curiously.

"Magnus can only portal us to places he's been to before," Isabelle told Clary switching back to serious mode.

Their discussion was interrupted as Clary's phone rang. She sent the group an apologetic glance before walking away to answer. The team began to come up with a plan.

"Okay so, what if we create a distraction," Leona suggested, looking at the others.

"We tried that," Jace told the girl with a sigh.

"No, you and Clare did." Leona gestured to herself and the Lightwoods. "We haven't."

At the brunette's words, the group quickly took some time to finalize a plan. They were getting that cup, one way or another. This was their only chance.

~

Leona, Alec, and Isabelle walked through the side entrance of the police station and stood by the windows. Leona looked around to see busy mundanes walking around, each with their own things to do. Her main focus, though, was on the front desk where a man sat looking through some papers.

"Okay, I'm guessing you're the distraction." Alec glanced at Isabelle, the usual one of the team who oversaw that job.

"Nope," Isabelle said making Leona look at her. "I've decided to grow up, remember?"