His pain.

Before I was able to sleep, Kel broke the silence by saying "Hey Hero, since you are not going back to college today, I was thinking of visiting Sunny and Mari today, if you want you could tag along, I'm sure they'd be happy knowing that you were also here."

I've always tried to avoid that place to not open old wounds, now even Sunny is there, how am i supposed to face Mari after this, but, I've cut a vow to myself to not repeat my mistakes, I won't run away, not again.

"Sure, I'll go get ready, please wait for me."

Hero said.

"Oh sure, also mom made breakfast for you, she left it at the table before going to work, make sure to eat before we go."

Kel said as he was putting on his shoes.

I've nodded and went to the kitchen, my mother was always good at cooking, I'd never get tired of eating it, as i finished eating, i went to prepare, while i was searching for clothes I've found the shirt Mari made for me, it had the letter "H" written all over it, it was supposed to match with her's which had "M" written all over it, the shirt has gone quite old but It still fits perfectly on me, I've decided to use it for today, maybe Mari would be happy to see me wearing it after all that time if she was still here, well no point in pondering over that now, Kel is waiting.

"Im finished Kel, let's go."

Hero said.

"Sure thing bro, let's go."

Kel said weakly.

Kel was avoiding eye contact but i managed to look at his eyes before I've greeted him, his eyes were red, was he crying, why weren't i there for him, he was there with me when I've isolated myself, perhaps confronting him about it would make him feel better, but now is not the time sadly, we have to go.

The streets were quiet, maybe it was because a famous show was held at a different part of the city, everyone seemed excited to go and view it, we've passed many places silently, I wasn't able to think of a conversation starter and Kel was obviously falling apart, he probably isn't able to even keep up with his cheerful personality, life have been rough for him, I understand, and as his brother I'll do my best to support him.

"Hey Kel, how are you doing?"

Hero said awkwardly.

"Fine."

Kel mumbled.

I couldn't think of anything to say aside from that, Im useless in all scenarios huh.

We've finally reached our destination, the church.

We took a step forward, we were greeted by the priests and they guided us to the graveyard, first we went to Mari's grave, it used to be so beautiful when it was covered with white egret flowers, but the flowers has wilted.

"Hey Kel, you can go first, tell Mari about what you've wanted to tell her, maybe she could hear you from the afterlife."

Hero said.

"Mhm."

Kel said.

I could notice he was trembling, i want to comfort him, but at times like this, all i could do is stand silently.

"H-hey Mari, it's me Kel, i can't even describe the pain I've been experiencing after what happened to Sunny, im sorry for not preventing him to do the same thing you've did, im sorry for being a bad friend towards him, I've only tried to be on his side when I've noticed he was moving away, if i was just a bit early all of this wouldn't have happened, now Sunny is gone, and Basil has sank into deep depression that even his therapy is struggling to prevent, why does this always have to happen to us, im so sorry."

Kel broke down crying, all i could do is watch, I wasn't even able to comfort him at such crucial moments.

He stood up silently and walked to Sunny's grave.

The grave was covered with all various of flower vases, a stuffed toy, captain spaceboy comics and his violin.

Ah yes his violin, what was it called again.

STENTOR.

I still remember the smile Sunny had on his face when we've bought that violin for him, the smile that I've failed to protect.

Kel said nothing, just looked at the grave while crying heavily, to tell the truth, even I was crying at that moment, all the memories of him and her has flooded into my mind, memories of happier times, times that I've failed to save.

"Kel, it's about time we go back home, but today is a special occasion, let's go to a restaurant, I'd like to talk with you about something."

I've said while preparing to head off.

"I want to stay here for more time."

"Alright, I'll go wait for you outside."

Ah, I've ran away once again, I tried to act like nothing happened ignoring my brother's feelings, trying to talk with him about his whereabouts and what happened to Sunny, i just wanted to make him feel better about this, he wasn't at fault, he never was, he was the one who helped Sunny the most, while I, their big brother was too useless to even help him or anyone, well while im waiting for him, I've got a text in my phone, I wonder who it is from, well I'll check it now, from Kel?